My busa vs. buddies cbr1000

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well Saturday was nice so I finally got to get out and get a good ride in. Me and my buddies one on an 04 CBR 1000RR and the other on a 03 Gixxer 1000. We went through some nice twistie roads, some highway time, and some nice country back road straight stretches. Well I dunno if anyone will remember but I put a post on here last year about doing a roll on with the same friend on the CBR and he was out pulling me slighty up until about 140mph because I am a bigger guy and he was a LOT smaller. Well Back when we did that my bike both only had bolt ons and slip ons for his. So performanace wise they were pretty much stock. Well over the winter I decided to get a little more umph so I put on an Akrapovic full race system and removed the PAIR valve. Now my buddie wasn't gonna have any of that so guess what exhaust his bike has now? Oh yeah Akrapovic Full race as well. lol. Now I am running the map straight from PC's website but last week he took his bike to Honda of Fairfield and had it customed tuned and set up. Now let me say this before I put the roll on results up........

Me - 6'2 300lbs even
Him- 5-10 190lbs

So here it is. We were going down a country back road with a nice straight stretch and VERY minimal traffic. He pulls up beside me and we are rolling along at about 40 mph. I am looking down and I see him kick down a gear and hear his rpms go up. So I am like hmmmm I better get ready. I drop down a gear and get my rpms set for the perfect launch and sure enough CRACK there he goes. I twist all the way back and start going through gears. Well we go from about 40 mph all the way up to 155mph and we were SIDE BY SIDE the whole way. Neither one of us gained so much as a foot! It was the most dead even race I have ever had. It was pretty wild to we were hitting those high speeds so close together that our handlebars were literally 6 inches apart the whole way (dumb I know but what a rush). So we got done and of course he is satisfied that he hung with me. He knows that a rider his size on my bike would hand it to him but the fact that he was able to hang right even with a Busa made him feel really good about his bike. I was actually happy to because before we put these exhausts on our bikes I would literally be BEHIND him up until about 140 mph and not this time.....from start to finish they were side by side.

Now we get back to the house and my buddy on the gixxer was like dude whats the matter I didn't see you gaining on Tracy at all?
rock.gif
I just looked at him and was like dude are you seriously asking me that? I am 300 freaking lbs dude and look at Tracy what do you THINK was gonna happen? I am actually surprised that he didn't gain on me at all this time. I offered to switch bikes and see what happened but I didn't really have any takers on that offer. haha. I have to say though that is one VERY mean CBR he is running now. That Akrapovic and map he has now made a BIG difference. The race was a blast though. We both had to back out of it at 155mph because way up the road I saw a car pull onto the road and I knew we were gonna need massive stopping distance but at 145mph I FINALLY was really beggining to pull up on him and would have passed him.

I know while we were doing that we passed two cars going the opposite direction and they had to have been like HOLY SH!T! All they got was a red and black Blurrrr. I just thought I would share the results of round 2 with you guys. Haha. The riding was awesome that day. Oh yeah and since this board likes pics.....Here are a couple pics of our bikes once we got back and a close up of the CBR race exhaust for anyone curious what it would look like. I had never seen one with this exhaust until he bought his.......ENJOY! Oh yeah and theres a pic of my bike at Hooters that day to last.

View attachment Busa_and_CBR1.jpg

Nice story . All of us larger than average guys are at a disadvantage agianst these stringbean and lean riders so we should all ban together and pledge to loose 30 lbs. Right here , Right now , I pledge to not have anymore late night pizza while watching Kung fu movies , No more Ice cream , cake , fried food of any kind ( Yes that means pork chops and bacon too) No more captian crunch and apple jacks watching saturday morning cable , No more sodas or koolaid ( The Horror) . Just water and healthy foods till I'm back down to at least a size 38 .Okay the occasional diet soft drink , but thats where I draw the line. The Buck stops RIGHT HERE...Damnit. No more , I wonder if this is gonna fit . Your Dam Right its gonna fit cause I'm gonna make it fit . And fit right . And I'm gonna start right ..........After I finish this Burger King Double Whopper with cheese
smile.gif

Hey, that was some story, I would love to hear it and like to ride like that too...wish I have a story like that...thats real rider buddy kind things...
and the weigh issue, I'm 5' 10" 190lbs...I need to loose some...instead buying expensive carbon parts (those parts saving not a whole lot of weigh..) I rather loose few pounds on my butt...it will make me feel mush better...
biggrin.gif

Nice story . All of us larger than average guys are at a disadvantage agianst these stringbean and lean riders so we should all ban together and pledge to loose 30 lbs. Right here , Right now , I pledge to not have anymore late night pizza while watching Kung fu movies , No more Ice cream , cake , fried food of any kind ( Yes that means pork chops and bacon too) No more captian crunch and apple jacks watching saturday morning cable , No more sodas or koolaid ( The Horror) . Just water and healthy foods till I'm back down to at least a size 38 .Okay the occasional diet soft drink , but thats where I draw the line. The Buck stops RIGHT HERE...Damnit. No more , I wonder if this is gonna fit . Your Dam Right its gonna fit cause I'm gonna make it fit . And fit right . And I'm gonna start right ..........After I finish this Burger King Double Whopper with cheese
smile.gif
and I was just about to eat my mrs. Baird's cherry pie right before I read this. I'll start right after. I promise.

Thanks for the write up, and be safe.

"The weight factor" is 200 lbs difference, throw an extra 200 lbs on the Honda then ride again.... I'd like to see that.

sounds like a good ride-and yeah he's gonna hang-he's got like a 15-20hp advantage from the weight difference! I ran against a CBR 1000RR few nights back on freeway-roll on from 60ish...let him hit it first, then I kicked 4th pulled back and reeled him in in three sec. flat! let off at 150 cuz we hit a hill and notorious speedtrap on other side, so we slowed and sure enuf 5-0 rite there. After we got out of site I revvd again for him to go, but shook his head and waved me on...must have been disconcerting watchin me catch up in his mirror and start to pass before we backed off.

Stay safe, and if u think about upping Busa's power-consider 100lbs=like 10hp on your bike, if u drop 50 you'll instantly have an extra 5hp, and less air drag cuz u tuck in better too.:;):

What did you expect?  That CBR has the fastest color
biggrin.gif
Buddy of mine uses the weight excuse alot.  He is 250 and I'm 170.  Keep tellin him that weight has nothing to do with me smokin his Blackbird. No doubt about it, those litre bikes are fast

<!--EDIT|Black Bird Killer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148328887 -->

Hey, that was some story, I would love to hear it and like to ride like that too...wish I have a story like that...thats real rider buddy kind things...
and the weigh issue, I'm 5' 10" 190lbs...I need to loose some...instead buying expensive carbon parts (those parts saving not a whole lot of weigh..) I rather loose few pounds on my butt...it will make me feel mush better...
biggrin.gif
+2

A coworker of mine also rides an 04 1000RR. Full race Akro exhaust.

He's about 6' 175lbs.

I'm 5'9", 300+/- a few.

Gotta drop me some weight.
laugh.gif

yeah I ran a zx10 months back on the highway from about 65-less than a 100. He was up on 1 wheel and neither of us gained. my bike stock, his bike appeared to be stock from what I remember, I was 190+/- he was smaller about 170. I wasn't upset but I wish I had my power commander!

Well They say every 10 LBS equates to 1 horsepower so.......

The CBR1000 is the heaviest with the least HP of all the four cylinder liter bikes. If you have trouble with the CBR you'll get toasted with an R1, Gixxer1K or ZX10. All three of those are a hand full for a stock busa.

Back