Superbike showdown summary (infineon)

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
The day (Sunday) started around 8:00am with a cloudy sky and hopes for the rain to hold off.  The practices on Friday were cancelled and they got some racing in on Saturday before shutting down due to rain in the afternoon.

The schedule had things getting started at 10 so I figured time to peruse the garages then head to the vendor area.

Matt Mladin's ride
mladinbike2.jpg

Another of Matt's
mladinbike1.jpg

Suzuki fun
zukes.jpg

Ben spies bike (we'll be seeing this one again)
spies-bike.jpg

Typical yammerhammer, being worked on
yamaha.jpg

Team Green
kawi.jpg

Honda was represented as well
honda.jpg

Michael Jordan has a racing team now
michaeljordan1.jpg

<!--EDIT|PandaNin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148266124 -->

After picking up posters, etc. it was time to head to the vendor's area

Aprilia
70897ace.jpg

Nice paint job! (Aprilia)
aprilia2.jpg

Motarded (aprilia)
aprilia3.jpg

This being the Kawasaki Superbike Shootout, big Kawi presence

centerpiece.jpg

The George Foreman
zx-14.jpg

Hey! that's not a kawi
scooter.jpg

Nice....
zx10r.jpg

I like the ZZR600
zzr600.jpg

We came across the Dunlop trailer. Or should I say trailers. Imagine 3 of these next to each other! I tried to find the keys to the truck but couldn't.
tires.jpg

I attended the auction and won a long-sleeve T signed by Ben Spies. (No pic)

Finally it was time to head to the grandstand.  Across the main straight the stunters were doing their thing in a fenced off area.  Gotta say it, they were goooooooood
wheelie1.jpg

First up was the Supersport race (600cc)
supersportgrid.jpg

supersportgrid2.jpg

Then, the superbike race was on.  Weather was closing in and we didn't think they could pull the entire race off before rain started

Matt Mladin comes into the grid
mladingrid.jpg

superbikegrid.jpg

Good news! The rain held off and here's the winner's circle
Spies # 1; Mladin # 2; Duhamel # 3
trophy-mladin-spies-duhamel.jpg

<!--EDIT|PandaNin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148266219 -->

That's worth seeing again
mladin-spies-duhamel2.jpg

To make the day complete I ran into the umbrella girls I know (this sample is rated G)
smile.gif

jenandme.jpg

Then, the clouds unzipped and let loose with a torrent of rain.  I only live 15 minutes from the track but in that 15 minutes I managed to get SOAKED.  I didn't carry rain gear to the track.  I was willing to take the risk and lost.

This is just outside the garage after getting home
weather.jpg

Overall, a GREAT DAY!  Great bike racing, great vendor area and alot of nice people.  You meet the nicest people on a motorcycle.

<!--EDIT|PandaNin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148266288 -->

Yeah I watched the races. Tommy Hayden started trying to compete for second against Mladin about halfway through the race, then all-of-a-sudden fell back to 6th or 7th. Yates didn't do too bad by coming back to get a 5th place spot. Pretty cool that out of the top 5 finishers, 3 of them were on Suzukis.
cool.gif
That was a great race and a big congrats goes out to Ben Spies on his record-tying 6 straight wins.

Back