Irish road racing

DAZZ

DEATH DEALER
Donating Member
Registered
Joey Dunlop
King of the Roads
1952-2000
Joey was born in Ballymoney, County Antrim and in his teens he discovered what was to be his future in life, racing motorbikes! His racing career began in 1969 and he soon adopted the distinctive yellow helmet and racing number 3. He was a true master of Real Road Racing and his record of 26 TT wins and 5 World Championships proves it!
Joey received an MBE in 1986 for his motorcycling prowess and he also obtained an OBE in 1995 in recognition of his charity relief aid trips that he had done many times. He usually travelled alone to places such as Romania and the Balkans.
At the age of 48 just weeks after winning his final Isle of Man TT, Joey died as a result of a crash during a 125 race in the Republic of Estonia.

joe2001.jpg

This is an absolute pleasure to watch at the speeds they be doin..........

pf_1_06.jpg

I'll round it off with this one for now........... just to many to post
tounge.gif

udd150200.jpg

I am truly Envious man! Awesome pics! Looks like those guys spend more time in the air than on the track! I bet the steering dampers (and suspension) get a work out there!

I just LOVE your TTs over there, and I really enjoyed watching Joey. Infact I went to a pub that either he or his brother owned (can't remember which) and had a great time talking bikes and racing. I only wish we could have them over here, but with our LAWYERS
grim.gif
that would be impossible. I envy you on getting to go to these
wink.gif

Back