2 tank bra or not 2 tank bra

H00pscoach

Registered
I have a black tank bra that i have had for some time. I am not very happy about it being black because i have a Blue/Silver busa and i really do not want to cover up the tank. I would like to protect it and keep the color.

Any ideas………

Thanks

I have a second skin tank bra that has good color and works okay, but has gotten a little loose over time, so the wrinkles begin to look like big dents in the tank from a distance.  Three other options are tank slappers, which are clear plastic pannels that protect you tank from scratches, a tank pad which can be found in almost any color/design imaginable or something like a Bagster tank cover (if I didn't have other stuff to spend my money on, I would get this) - since it would be easier to show you than explain it, I'll add a link in a minute...
Bagster tank cover link

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "link added"|1147970470 -->

bessie.JPG

I have had several and never really liked them. I went with tankslappers. It takes a little doing, a lot of water and a hair dryer or heat gun but they work well.

Can you see them?

hogger...

117_1757.JPG

Thanks I will look into the tankslappers. I read a little about them.

I was also thinking about having the bra that i have airbrushed (just thinking)

I've allways had a bra on the tank largely because I allways ride in Jeans (Blah Blah Blah I know) anyhoo I am always in jeans and I need something to hold onto the tank with. Leathers provide that bit of extra tank grippage but without them a Tank bra works great.

So, I've had a Bra on every Bike I have had, and I love em'. You will find that they will leave a line of fine scratches over time right at the perimeter, but these buff out easy. The horror stories you hear about Fogged paint, and FADING MisMatch and Such are largely old school thought, old school paint, wives tales if you will. Like I have said since 1994 I've allways had a Tank Bra and Have never had ANY fading Mismatch or any Hazing etc. Two Black Bikes and Burgandy.

Second look makes a fine product but Suzuki's own Inexpensive Bra shown above works like a charm. $25-30 too!

One thing that would prolly work well would be to place a layer of "tankslapper" material under the Bra right at the leading edge. That would pretty much eliminate any of the fine scratches you might get. When I pull the Bra off my bike the tank looks brand new, no scratches, dings or dents under the bra and by the seat especially, it looks factory fresh.

I have the bra like onerabidshark............ but I painted the kanjiiiii with some red automotive paint I had laying around - I used a small artists brush. Still sticking so far.............

It would look cool in blue and / or silver.
cool.gif

Dsc00393.jpg

I do like the idea of painting the kanji. I think what I am going to do this weekend is go and talk to some one that Airbrushes and see what he thinks.........

I like the looks of the bras too . If you want you can get in touch with Tobin and he does the stitched ones like on his seats.

I've allways had a bra on and I allways ride in Jeans (Blah Blah Blah I know) anyhoo I am always in jeans and I need something to hold onto the tank with.  Leathers provide that bit of extra tank grippage but without them a Tank bra works great.

So, I've had a Bra on , and I love em'.    Like I have said since 1994 I've allways had a Bra and Have never had ANY fading Mismatch or any Hazing etc.  Two Black Bikes and Burgandy.  

Second look makes a fine product but Suzuki's own Inexpensive Bra shown above works like a charm.  $25-30 too!
Rev did you say you wear bras??
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
poke.gif

biggrin.gif

I have had several and never really liked them. I went with tankslappers. It takes a little doing, a lot of water and a hair dryer or heat gun but they work well.

Can you see them?

hogger...
+1

The tankslapper is the way to go if you don't want to cover the tank. I have them on the knee pockets as well...

See mine?

Busa_side.jpg

If you've got an '01 and want the blue/silver Second look one, let me know. My buddy has one brand new. (like the one in the second post up there)

Back