Storage

RS1967

Registered
Hi all,

New here and just started posting. I'm looking to buy a 2004 Busa from a friend of mine. I'm just looking to see if anyone stores their bike outside and what your thiughts are on this. I am in an apt right now with no garage. Storage space will be $100/month so I want to not have to spend the xtra $.
I know - silly question but your opinions are welcome. I live in NJ.

It depends what type of neighborhood you live in I guess. I keep my bike outside but I have a fenced in back yard and a alarm on the bike.

Store mine outside too....
But..
It's kept under a cover..
The driveway gates are chained..
Sensor lights illuminate the drive if you even walk by..
Front and back wheels are locked to garden wall with high security chains.
Bike is alarmed..
If alarm goes off cos someone mess with it..Mr Baseball bat is beside the bed...

Realistically how safe will your's be where you intend parking it...

If people have access to it ..It's gonna get stolen..

Cover would be mandatory I keep mine in a shed. And in the winter I have a nice place in the kitchen picked out. If you live on the first floor why not your living room? I use to have a Magna and while I lived in Michigan I drove it in through the sliding glass doors in the Basement of the house. I just lay down some plywood for floor protection and now for wieght distribution on the floor.

Kept it my apartment the winter I wasn't living in my house. Now that I am in my house again, I keep it in heated garage

If mines outside its under my carport but if I'm not gonna be on her for a few days it goes inside the shop

busaharley.jpg

but if your gonna leave it in the sun get a cover the Sun will take it's toll after a while

Welcome the the Board and congrats on the Busa
cool.gif

out front, under cover, locked, alarmed. over the winter in a storage unit. drawback of a townhouse.

<!--EDIT|purplebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147536904 -->

I usually keep mine in a shed out back but sometimes I get lazy and leave her in the back yard. The yard is gated and locked but if I do leave it out I always cover it cause the trees drip sap in the summer when it gets hot...

IF I am not riding it. Its in a garage. Weather can really beat up a bike no matter if its covered or not. Mold,meldew etc.

Hi all,

New here and just started posting.  I'm looking to buy a 2004 Busa from a friend of mine. I'm just looking to see if anyone stores their bike outside and what your thiughts are on this.  I am in an apt right now with no garage. Storage space will be $100/month so I want to not have to spend the xtra $.  
I know - silly question but your opinions are welcome.  I live in NJ.
http://www.cycleshell.com/

Back