THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

thanks for the advice. i've already had a couple close calls with this problem. i've got into the habit of kicking it forward a couple of times to make sure it's as far forward as possible. i'll try this asap...
cool.gif

No, they did not fix it. My '05 fell over when I pulled into the garage and set her down, luckily I caught it and broke the fall but did manage to get a scratch on my new DB screen. I wasn't really convinced I needed to do it until it happened to me, guess I just wasn't paying enough attention. A Makita grinder will take the right width out of it but be sure to watch the depth on both sides!

I was wondering if this mod would be needed with an aftermarket adjustable kickstand. I'm loweing my bike and ordered an adjustable kickstand so I wouldn't have to cut my oem one down??

I completed my stand mod a couple of days ago.  I've got 3" more of forward sweep than before.  I did notice before the mod that it wasn't exactly stable even on an uphil surface.  Now it's crazy stable.  You'd have to back a car into the forks to get it off the stand now!
3 more inches  
wow.gif
, just how much did you grind off  
wink.gif

Helped Pops do his '04- after it fell twice. First thing I did to mine. THANKS!

Looks to me like they changed the kick stand on my '06. Doesn't look like the one in the first pic.

just did my 06 . thanks for the tip. i found that a plastic milk crate under the swing arm on the kick side. it was real sturdy .it made the mod easy:D

I don't get all these bikes falling over. If you park your bike the correct way it won't fall over. Put your bike in gear roll it forward till it stops put the stand down get off bike and pull the bike back very slightly on the bars to be sure it doesn't roll. Be sure the front wheel is turned to the left when you park.

Mine seems to be really stable and has a decent lean to it now. Maybe the previous owner did this possibily? Who knows... But I'm lowering my bike this weekend and instead of getting an adjustable stand, can I do this and all be good and keep the $100+ in my pocket?

Thanks!

i think mine amy already be done. i will check as soon as i get to the garage.

<!--EDIT|cmc8
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144367560 -->

Ok before I go cutting on my kickstand I just want to make 100% sure the 06's need it.

Here is a photo of the degree of angle the kickstand is currently.
kickstand.jpg

This is the front angle.. The yellow is the area in which if I understand correctly I would be cutting..
kick-mod1.jpg

And then this is the front side angle... Once again the yellow is where I should cut?
kick-mod2.jpg

I know these questions have been asked many times but I thought I could add some clear photos so maybe we newbies can have a clear understanding...

Thanks,
Mike

I have a problem with my kickstand mod, I think my husband got a bit dremel happy when he did it. Now mine leans quite a bit more than it shows in the pics of how to, I have a hell of a time lifting it up. I'm considering buying a new kickstand.:(

Mike,
Thanks for the great pictures and YES, areas highlighted in yellow are correct.
busa-stand.jpg

Is this mod for all busa's?  I just got an 04 and it seems to be very stable on its stand.  Does anyone know if suzuki fixed this problem?
wink.gif
FastBusa,

I don't think Suzuki has fixed this prob yet as my 06 had to be done too, it does not take alot just a notch on the outside and inside.. see pic

DSC00002.JPG

Back