Rode my friends zx6r...

Rocketman

Registered
I love motorcycles. I think that every sportbike I see, I want. I go down the road and I just stare at my friends sportbikes.

Yesterday, one of my riding buddies and I hit the twisties on the way home. Afterwards, we stopped by the house to chat.

Since wifey was out as were most of my kids, we had some time to really look at what is on our bikes and discuss differences between the Busa and just blah blah blah sportbike talk. Fun.

We decided it was time to experience each others bikes so off we went; he on my 04 limited busa and me on his 03 ZX6r.

I don't know how to describe his bike. It was like - where's the power. And it felt - like the bars and stuff were bent or something. I was on a really light bike and I felt like I was on a minibike. No - that's not it; It was just so different; not smooth, no linear power, very bitey to get going, nimble but sloppy... I was just surprised. I didn't feel any quality or something... I can't describe it. No comparison in stability, power, hanlding, comfort... felt slapped together. I know it's not and I know it's harsh - but I expected a lot more from a bike I admire so much. Maybe I need more time on it to really appreciate it.

He gets off his first busa ride - supersmiling and shaking his head. I felt like I was giving a kid his first piece of candy or something. (I'm sorry this is coming out so braggart-like.) He was in disbelief about the stability, power, and comfort of the busa. He kept saying over and over, "I had no idea how awesome this bike would be. It scared me to ride it - until I rode it. It's easier to ride than my bike and it weighs how much? OMG, OMG. I can't believe how stabile this thing is. I felt like I was locked into wherever I pointed the bike. I can't believe the response and the handling" Now - he's hooked!! He just kept going on and on about it.

I felt bad because in my heart, I was saying - OMG - this 6r feels so chinsey. It wasn't - really. But the difference is so undeniable that words just can't express. We're both about 5' 9" to 5' 10", 175-180lbs. We talk track at work a lot. He is not easily impressed. The Busa - won him over though.

Good on ya Suzuki. I can't believe what an incredible bike the Busa is - everytime I ride it. And I've had my baby since it was new in '04 and I love it.

Know what I mean? Any of you ever experience this? Just thought I'd share...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: "add pic.."|1146313441 -->

BusaBoy.jpg

biggrin.gif

I had a similar incident with a friends bike, It was on 01 Honda f4i. Man somebody please tell me where the power is on that bike. Only in the high RPM does it move. But before that its like waiting for a bus. Turning was weird feeling on it, like I was going to fall off lol. I did the dodge from side to side and then could not stop I was like whoa stop #### lol. I don't consider that stable. I was so nervous turning on that bike. teetering. It as well felt like a minibike. I love the busa's feel. The solid, planted feel.

Not to bash, I bet it is a great bike, but NOT FOR ME. I like my bikes like the busa.

Hey was that the 6RR or the 636? My bud has a 636 and we've traded before. I felt the EXACT same way.
smile.gif
It would get up and go tween 9 and 14k and that was fun, but MAN did I miss the Busa overall. It's also hard for me to consider a liter bike after the quality ride of the Busa.

there's more than just "something" about a ride on a Hayabusa

Nice story and great pic. I'm always curious about how other sportsbikes compare. Really like that '04 LE, since I came from a Duc--something about that red that just looks right ....
cool.gif

Well I gotta say after riding bikes my early life, I recently started riding my son's yzf 600 which I really enjoyed and as it was my first sport bike, I got hooked. I was going for a Harley but after a couple months on the sportbike, I started shopping again.

My shopping led me to the Busa, liked EVERYTHING about it. From the first moment I rode it I was in total AWE. It so outreached my expectations and even my imagination.

My Busa is less than a month old now but I hopped on my son's YZF the other day to move it and rode it around the block a bit...although it's a nice bike...my perspective certainly has changed...and it ain't no BUSA...but then again...what is?

He hasn't rode the Busa yet...I'm not sure if I want him to (he's just 18). Plus he'll never look at his bike the same way again...

Dude, great story, great pic, and way to go in helping another see there is life outside of the dark side of the force. Just beware of the reflector sharks...

cool.gif
story. A great read.

I've checked out the R6's before during a trackday. Great for that kind of condition but I would NEVER ride a small bike like that as a daily driver. It wouldn't feel right in traffic. But it's awesome in the canyons/track.

Hey was that the 6RR or the 636? My bud has a 636 and we've traded before. I felt the EXACT same way.
smile.gif
It would get up and go tween 9 and 14k and that was fun, but MAN did I miss the Busa overall. It's also hard for me to consider a liter bike after the quality ride of the Busa.

there's more than just "something" about a ride on a Hayabusa
This bike was an '03 ZX6R. And it was - very light. I am anxious to ride this bike through the canyons here to see how stable this is in the turns.

I know it 'flicks' pretty easy. But my buddy was even saying that he does not feel the stability in his turning that he feels in the Busa. Guess which one he prefers now?

This guy - is still very timid in the twisties. Me? I like hanging off a bike and really getting my knee down (which on the busa, is like locking the wheels onto some invisible rail.) But he doesn't feel safe enough on his 6R to do that. I'm going to check it out throught those mountains you see in the background and report back on it.

...i love this sport!

Oh, and by the way - I have to get a track bike. The Larry H. Miller track is open here in Utah and people are swarming to it. We have our first AMA Superbike series hitting it on June 15,16th. YEAH BABY YEAH!
tounge.gif

um...are we addicted at all here?...
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146400430 -->

Back