Has anyone used this undertail

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Found this on Ebay. The prices almost seems to good to be true. Give me your opinions please.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-GSXR-1300-HAYABUSA-UNDERTAIL-LED-GRAY-L-EDITION_W0QQitemZ4633820863QQcategoryZ35580QQ
rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">4633820863</a>

BTW, they offer a matched hugger for $80.

Thanks

Don

Considering they can't use the English language correctly.. I wouldn't buy it. But that's just me.

the undertail looks nice, but I wonder how well it mounts...could be a real pain in the @ss, as is with alot of the cheaper undertails. What about turn signals?

Oh, and are you sure the local PD are ok with side mount plates....lol, I had an incident recently...and ended up mounting my plate to the rear of my UFO...with the setup your looking at your going to have to fab a Lic-plate light, and mount for the plate...all can be done, just extra pain in the @ss.''If you get it, post up some pics.

I have heard bad things in regards to that seller, but don't know about the product itself
rock.gif

You won't be totally happy with it. That's the one on my bike, except black in color. The undertail did not fit correctly. I had to drill 2 new holes in the undertail because the ones in it were way off. The stock mounted plastic rivets will not hold the undertail, either. I had to bolt and nut it. Cheesy! You have to download instructions from a sight that I had trouble trying to find, so I ended up butchering the hell out of my undertail storage box. I went ahead and ordered a Tiger Racing Undertail that I can put in place of the hack job. Also, the amber lights were not amber. They gave me some qu**r red brake light that intermittently shine and spin circles. I believe that you get what you pay for in this case. I should have spent the extra money and gotten a mototek like everybody else. I left the guy positive feedback,but stated his false advertisement. He luckily left me positive feedback, but denied any wrongdoing. I suggest not buying because you will be absolutely p*ssed by the end of the installation.

I have the same undertail I like mine and it fit fine its made a little bit cheap but Im not going to spend 200-300 for a better built one can post pics if intrested:)

the last one was with the turn on this one is with out little more noticeable in person

tail3.JPG

Back