People suck

diesel

Registered
I get in my truck to leave the other day. I live in a subdivision on a cul-de-sac street. I look right and left before I back out of my driveway and see nothing. I back up slowly and something in my head (I swear) tells me to stop halfway into the street. I look in the mirror again and this 5 or 6 year old kid goes pedaling past on his big wheel. He was in the street right behind my truck when I got in I guess. So he pedals away and when he gets down the street, his father starts screaming at him. He must have just come out of the house and seen me almost flatten him at the last second. Then they both go inside, the dad yelling at the kid the whole time. Now I have to back in everytime or do a complete walk around everytime I leave. Yeah...I have to watch THEIR F-ING KIDS!
Talk about a split second that could change your life...
Of course it would be all my fualt if I hit him becuase some fat lazy FK is too busy ordering pizza in the house while his 5 year old is who knows where.

Something to think about for you parents and those of you who jump in the car and hual azz.

Diesel, man, don't know if you're a religious guy, but sounds like you had an Angel over your shoulder ... or that kid did .... Thank God you stopped. But I hear ya about the parents ... sometimes I wonder what the heck they're thinking.

I get in my truck to leave the other day. I live in a subdivision on a cul-de-sac street. I look right and left before I back out of my driveway and see nothing. I back up slowly and something in my head (I swear) tells me to stop halfway into the street. I look in the mirror again and this 5 or 6 year old kid goes pedaling past on his big wheel. He was in the street right behind my truck when I got in I guess. So he pedals away and when he gets down the street, his father starts screaming at him. He must have just come out of the house and seen me almost flatten him at the last second. Then they both go inside, the dad yelling at the kid the whole time. Now I have to back in everytime or do a complete walk around everytime I leave. Yeah...I have to watch THEIR F-ING KIDS!
Talk about a split second that could change your life...
Of course it would be all my fualt if I hit him becuase some fat lazy FK is too busy ordering pizza in the house while his 5 year old is who knows where.

Something to think about for you parents and those of you who jump in the car and hual azz.
Okay

You want to know what irks me.

Is when you catch a kid doing something questionable, you tell their parents about it, and the parents proceed to tell you that you must be mistaking, their kid doesn't do wrong.

So, did you ride today?

No, I rode friday, Kev. We need to hook up soon.

I went to see Scary Movie 4 today....great movie. 10 year old kids everywhere to enjoy all the graphic gay sex jokes with their parents.

glad you stopped, parents these days are aweful, i had a big wheel as a child, and i rode all over the neighborhood, but was always supervised, and if i would have snuck out and rode it alone, i would have gotten my ass beat, just how it worked, and for those anti discipline folks out there to each thier own, but i think i turned out way better for it.

-WHEELMAN

I just want to slap the sh1t out of the morons that take their kids to shows like that. Or babies.

Good thing the little guy had you watching out for him. His biking days would have been over way too soon.

to many parents don't watch there kids. in this age where there are so many people snatching kids i don't let mine out of my sight never mind riding in the street.

Alot of parents don't watch thier kids or teach them good enough. It amazes me how lazy some people are .

as the proud parent of 7 kids...i have one rule...our yard and that is it!!!! havent had any close calls..thank god

You need a Lisence for fishing, dogs, hunting, cars, bikes, RVs.... why not for having kids? Isn't the point of a lisence "Proving responsibility" for said activity engagement? Or is that too ONE WORLD ORDER -ish?

You need a Lisence for fishing, dogs, hunting, cars, bikes, RVs....  why not for having kids?  Isn't the point of a lisence "Proving responsibility" for said activity engagement?  Or is that too ONE WORLD ORDER -ish?
No, that is not too ONE WORLD ORDER-ish. Childbirth is a priveledge, not a right.
Agreed, Diesel, that there was an angel lurking over to guide you thankfully. Not only would the accident have been a tragedy but having a good soul would make it difficult to live with as well, albeit not your fault.
My friend you have experienced a miracle.
Keep that crystal ball polished. Sometimes it not just for our own sake...

You are very lucky to have listened to that little voice in your head.
I always do and swear by it! It is amazing how many times it is right....

Not to change the topic but this thread put this in my mind.....

Busa powered bigwheel. Plastic wheels and all, it would of been my dream at 5 yrs old.

Now back to your regular programming.

Hey. uhh hmmm Diesel..

Between the hotwheel incident, and then the scary kid movie.. sounds like you are having a bad kid week....
wow.gif

biggrin.gif

uhem...sorry to hear aboutcher scare diesel...and yeah..if that had happened to me there'd be some daddy gett'in a facefull of shid...talk about "Shake Ya up"
wow.gif

But just as a friendly reminder that not ALL people (or parents) suck?...

Check out the "Amazed Look" on my oldest as she helped my youngest learn to ride her first few "Lone Peddle Strokes" from a few years back....

raride.JPG

my oldest with daddy on his old FZ1 on HWY28 just south of the Dragon..

Frances6.jpg

my oldest at "The Overlook" just after running the dragon with her dad two-up...

Frances9.jpg

My middle daughter who I rode down to T.W.O. from Murphy, NC....

Frances3.jpg

Where Brett let'er "Sign The Shirt" as an "Honorary Twisty Sister" for running SR180 (Wolfspen Gap RD.) and "The Cooler Run" with her Dad...

Frances4.jpg

and Rachel my youngest for a ride around the block with Dad.....

RaFZ1.jpg

Then daddy...uhem..upgraded...and when she turned 8 years old?..she got a real ride...

RACHELBUSA.jpg

but of course...only AFTER the festivities were over...

RACHEL8.jpg

so...diesel?...cheer up bruddah..not all people/parents suck..but I gotta agree...their numbers are rising...a shame really.
sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back