Anybody use these no-cut sliders

Several members have those but keep in mind they wont hold up for much more than a tip over in the garage.

Several members have those but keep in mind they wont hold up for much more than a tip over in the garage.
+1

The Vortex sliders are easy to put on, and the base allows for a cut that isn't perfect.  The aluminum base has a concave in it, right where the plastic meets the slider.  Makes for a less worrisome install IMO

busa11.jpg

<!--EDIT|hbr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144163889 -->

Theres a company in Europe that sells a re enforced version of those (it has connecting bar between both sides) but they are like $200. Not sure of the name.

i had a set like that that bolts to the center mount of the fairing....i layed it down doing about 5mph and the slider bent back and crushed thru my fairing...man i was pi**ed. would have had less damage without it.

Dont use these,they look good, but thats about it.Get some proper sliders and install them correctly in the proper places.Like this....

Left_Side.JPG

Theres a company in Europe that sells a re enforced version of those (it has connecting bar between both sides) but they are like $200. Not sure of the name.
I didn't want to cut my plastics and got a set which also look tidy and are well made.
http://www.bike-design.be/

DCP_0002_1.jpg

DCP_0006_1.jpg

DCP_0007_1.jpg

DSC00014.jpg
My friend this is a beautiful busa, but I can't help but think that if 500 pounds fell and put all that force on that bracket it would give and cause even more damage to the bodywork. Even in a tip over I can't see that bracket holding up.

My friend this is a beautiful busa, but I can't help but think that if 500 pounds fell and put all that force on that bracket it would give and cause even more damage to the bodywork. Even in a tip over I can't see that bracket holding up.[/QUOTE]

if you examine pic of kit you'll see a rod which mounts just behind radiator and connects left and right mounts to disperse some energy to opposite side in an event of a fall also mounts are nearlly 1 cm thick and real rigid which was a concern about the weight when I first put them on.

just ordered a kit myself fron streetntrackimports.com they are a resller of the kit in the us. its $222 shipped in the us. For more pics check out the link. There is a rod that connects the 2 sliders together in case of a low side or tip over, the force is distruited throgh the rod and to the opposite side. I with the guys who refuse to cut their 500 dolla farrings espically the 06 limited farrings.

it would be nice if some of these frame slider companies did crash tests with their products. i personally doubt these would even hold up in the event of a little tip over.
tounge.gif

id do it but i dont have the guts to tip my busa over just to test it out. Thats like dropping a baby!
wow.gif

Back