Still gettin to no everyone!

motogp08

Registered
Hey guys, you all seem like a great group of people, men and women alike. I just want to get to know everyone better. This is my favorite site on the internet and this month since i've singned up i practically live on this site. Also if most of you would, i would greatly appreciate if you guys would come by this message board frequently because i believe the saying, "knowlege is power, power is control." So if you would help me by coming by once in a while, i will have questions fairly often.

Thanks for all the help!
1zhelp.gif
1zhelp.gif
1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

The first question i've got, is what mods should i get first after getting and getting used to the bike. I want all the horsepower, speed, and control that i can get. I've read around that the extended swingarm will help with takeoff, "is this true?" I'm not new to the motorcycling scene but i am a bit dry sometimes where the busa is concerned. I haven't bought one yet but i want the most information possible in the meantime before i get one. "Am planning on getting one this summer!"

Thanks for all the help!

Welcome to the board first mod you will most definately need is a right wrist mod.

That's when you learn how to control your right wrist so that the power of this magnificant beast won't bite you.

once again welcome to the madness

race.gif
race.gif
race.gif
race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

Good luck on your Busa pursuit. Mods are really hard to suggest for an individual. Spend some time deciding what you want of of your bike. Look around here and see who picked your same path. What do you like and dislike about theirs? Don't get in a hurry when you start modding, think about a direction before you let everyone "suggest" which way you should go. Make it yours........
smile.gif

Welcome to the board first mod you will most definately need is a right wrist mod.

That's when you learn how to control your right wrist so that the power of this magnificant beast won't bite you.

once again welcome to the madness

race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif
Thanks for the advice but i have been told this many times. I am not into doing anything stupid on this machine. I am well aware and confident in my abilities. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a hotheaded "newb" like you guys say. I do not need a specially sized helmet for a big head
laugh.gif
mind you. I enjoy being in control of my bike. I am a safety wort too. Full riding gear all the time, all seasons, every time, every ride, "NO EXCEPTIONS!" But once again there are new people to this, "such as me, well i've ridden for quite a while, dirtbike almost six years and streetbike for a little while," and there are the hotheaded newbs called SQUIDS! I enjoy having my butt off of the pavement! But thank you for the advice.
smile.gif

And by the way, i'm not trying in the slightest to sound like a smart a$$, so hope it does not come across like that.  
smile.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

race.gif

smile.gif

Sliders are a great first Mod, they may just actually save you some $$$ down the road. After that I'd go strictly cosmetic till ya get used to the power the bike already has. If ya need more after that the list is endless.

Welcome to the .Org
smile.gif

what do you mean you want all the control?
Sorry, that sounded wrong i guess. I meant that i wanted the bike to handle the best (possible), for all conditions i will come into contact with. I guess mods for this would be like... aftermarket tires per say. Also, i wanted to ask, what would be the best exhaust, we'll put it this way, not wanting to sound like a jerk but i like to hear my bike! I've read that FMF has considerable sound and is good for extra hp. Let me know what they're like if you use em.

But thanks for asking the question rather than assuming that i'm an idiot instead!
blush.gif

on the subject of exhausts- HMF hi-mount is what i run, n absolutely love the sound! at low rpms can be mistaken from a distance for a hi-strung twin...but past 5000revs-oooooh MAN does it scream! i love setting off car alarms n making kids jump for cover. this system is a full replacement, not slip-ons, and does give a few xtra ponies, but any1 here will tell u the single can systems from Brock, Muzzy, n TiForce make the most; the majority of that power increase is only in the upper rev range tho. here's a pic of my pipes-

bike1.JPG

Well decide what u want w/ this bike: show, twisties, strip?
Then u can eliminate the obvious: 240 tire kit, 1397, turbo, etc.
U want it to handle the best possible? Pilot tires, up the suspension(way down the line, u wouldn't notice much difference right now)
The most important thing, make sure ur not wastin ur $$
don't add parts that will cancel other parts out down the line
like a pipe, if ur gonna add boost
Research every single mod, get exactly what u want. That way u won't replace it down the line

Keep askin questions
Oh yeah...RIDE

What's up
tounge.gif
 don't know many here either, but I do like to post pics of my baby... this is my second Busa
21bfe7f2.jpg

First time sitting on the 06 Le, early Jan 06 (when I decided I was going to buy one)
Picture004.jpg

and my project Track bike... may be ready this year
867e1487.jpg

on the subject of exhausts- HMF hi-mount is what i run, n absolutely love the sound! at low rpms can be mistaken from a distance for a hi-strung twin...but past 5000revs-oooooh MAN does it scream! i love setting off car alarms n making kids jump for cover. this system is a full replacement, not slip-ons, and does give a few xtra ponies, but any1 here will tell u the single can systems from Brock, Muzzy, n TiForce make the most; the majority of that power increase is only in the upper rev range tho. here's a pic of my pipes-
Now that's what i'm talkin about! I want great looking pipes, and a great sound, and i was already looking into FMF. Thank you, you have reinforced my opinion. I want them to look "clean" such as yours, and i love the "run for cover," sound. Thanks man, really really appreciate it!!!!
bowdown.gif

What's up
tounge.gif
 don't know many here either, but I do like to post pics of my baby... this is my second Busa
21bfe7f2.jpg

First time sitting on the 06 Le, early Jan 06 (when I decided I was going to buy one)
Picture004.jpg

and my project Track bike... may be ready this year
867e1487.jpg
Thanks for droppin by! The bike look's awsome man! Is that an LE? And by the way, best of luck to ya on that race bike! Let me no how it turn's out!!!!

Look forward to seein ya around the board!!!!
beerchug.gif

Well decide what u want w/ this bike: show, twisties, strip?
Then u can eliminate the obvious: 240 tire kit, 1397, turbo, etc.
U want it to handle the best possible? Pilot tires, up the suspension(way down the line, u wouldn't notice much difference right now)
The most important thing, make sure ur not wastin ur $$
don't add parts that will cancel other parts out down the line
like a pipe, if ur gonna add boost
Research every single mod, get exactly what u want. That way u won't replace it down the line

Keep askin questions
Oh yeah...RIDE
The first sentence says it all to me.   Decide what you want 1st.  Then start building with that goal in mind.  And IMHO, don't mix.  A show bike and a track bike mix; I'm not sure if I would do something like that but others may.  My busa in another year or so will be less show and more performance.

Me.  I'm planning to make my busa ready for twisties.  I plan on making it a 1300cc canyon carver.  But it will take me time because of money.  The first mod for me was the double bubble Puig windscreen because I'm over 6' and the stock screen blocked the top part of the instrument panel unless i was in a super crouch position (biggest ergo bang for the buck - $70).

Good luck and be careful.

ndn

PS- ksana, is that you in your avatar? ... or your significant other?

double buuble is windshield is great i am about 6'5" and i put one on my 05 big difference

welcome to the board and love the LE!!!!!!! and i will be doing a hmf high full system too love the looks

Motogp.. Nice to see you are settling in.

As far as mods go, I would start with Frame Sliders (as someone else mentioned they could save money down the road). Then ride the bike and get use to it. Best mod you can do is the Odometer mod (add mileage to the odometer). This mod is not only an appearance and performance mod, but will probably save you @ss down the road and allow you to focus on more mods in the future.

Something the dealer mentioned to me when I brought my bike back for the first service, "Not to many people bring these (Busa) back for the first service".

Me, "why do they do the service at home?"

Dealer, "No, they wreck them within the first 500-1000 miles. You are an exception, we have sold 10 this season and only 2 have returned. Most of these people where younger (18-25)."

Me, "how do you know they don't just bring it to a different dealer or do the service themselves?"

Dealer, "We call the customer after 2 months if they haven't brought the bike in as a reminder, after two month they have either exceeded the 600 miles or at least are close to it." It is at that point we find they have wrecked the bike."

How accurately does this reflect the issue, don't really know. Am I trying to deter any one from buying the bike? No, I am providing knowledge as you stated, "Knowledge is Power and Power is control". Well hopefully I have added to your knowledge base.

Best regards,

Joe

Back