Oncycles ucs1 universal stand

Ride_or_Fish

Donating Member
Registered
(please excuse the multi-posts since I don't know how to get multi pics in single post...)

I received a rather hefty package last week and thought it was a mistake. The box contained a UCS1 universal rear stand from oncycles.com. I couldn’t believe it was just the contents of one beefy Mac Daddy of a stand. I didn’t understand the “fragileâ€￾ sticker on a box with this collection of steel parts.

DSC01945.JPG

Each piece was individually bagged in thick clear plastic. All internal packaging survived the trip to my house without allowing damage or scratches to any part of the product. I would have liked to have seen the parts better secured to prevent random tossing about during shipping, but no damage was done.

Did I say this stand was heavy and substantial already? It’s a monster compared to any other stand I’ve seen or used. I could probably jack up my truck with it if I wanted to.

DSC01951.JPG

Assembling the stand was simple and there were two extra bolts given for good measure (I hope!). Hand tools needed are two ½â€￾ wrenches (or combination of wrenches/sockets), and pliers to help coax the cir-clips into place. One of the bolts would not go into one of the pre-drilled holes so I had to use a drill to clear the paint around the inner edges of the hole. Not a big deal. In addition to the tools, a little grease has to be applied to the pin that holds the pivoting arm that make this engineering marvel work so well.

DSC01952.JPG

I wasn’t sure how high the spool hook adapters needed to be on the stand to ensure adequate ground clearance, so I guessed and positioned the arms two holes up from the bottom. I could have gone out to the bike in the garage and measured but I was too lazy – plus I enjoy a little mystery once in a while. After bolting on the spool hooks I was careful to leave the all bolts that may need adjusting only snug-tight for now.

DSC01958.JPG

I attached the lengthy handle to the stand and carried it to the garage, careful not to injure any of the curious dogs and cats that were watching this little project from the moment the strange box entered the house. Did I mention this stand is a wee bit heavy?

Positioning the stand under the swingarm, I adjusted and tightened the spool hooks and other bolts. Now for the moment of truth … it was time to push on the big handle and lift the bike up. Honestly, I was a bit skeered to trust my near new Hayabusa to this funky looking contraption, so I positioned my left hand on the passenger grab bar before pushing down on the swingarm stand handle with my right. Three things quickly became apparent: the stand made the bike vertical and lifted it with minimal effort; there was no need for guidance of the bike with my left hand on the passenger grab rail; and my confidence level in the stand just went way up. I was totally impressed!

DSC01960.JPG

As any adult (child) would do, I raised and lowered the bike with the stand five or six times just to watch it work and marvel at the sheer simplicity of it.  Something as mundane as a bike stand wouldn’t normally require this kind of testimony, but this product is special and is something I’ll make use of  daily since I typically leave the bike elevated on it when parked.  

In my limited experience with motorcycle swingarm stands, I’ve found that you get what you pay for.  This stand is most likely heavier than any other stand of this type, as I’m sure it needs to be to perform its physical feats.  Its bulk won’t be an issue for me since it will be rolled around on its wheels in the garage.  The visual quality of the welds and paint is outstanding and obvious.  The stand comes with both under-swingarm and spool adapters.  The handle is quickly removed by pushing the spring loaded lock button, something I already appreciate by being able to walk around the back of the busa without having to step over it.  

The best feature of all (in my opinion), is that the operation of it is actually much easier than my old stand, and over time my lower back will be thankful.  

<!--EDIT|Ride_or_Fish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144113102 -->

Sweet stand,, too bad ive already got 3 different sets now!!!
tounge.gif

Back