Long island ride

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Was nice to get out and meet folks from the family and ride today. I took my daughter out to get her used to some "extended" saddle time. Started out at 0915 and the temp was 45*. Was okay getting to first meeting place as we were on backroads and out of the wind.
Met up with Glyn and his wife Sue first. Glad you joined us Sue. Hope the kids were okay with it too, so you can ride with us again!
Looking at the pic it looks to be about 60*. Well it wasn't it was 47* with a westerly "breeze" at about 15mph. Hey, it is only April!

0402_ride_001.jpg

Next off for a quick ride down the Long Island Expressway to meet up with CAJ and 05BusaLE. It didn't take long for that north westerly 15mph breeze to take the heat out of the body.
We arrived and met up with Carl and David as planned. It was here that Sue quickly talked my daughter Jen into a cup of Hot Chocolate. Of course she wouldn't tell me she was cold...but it wa written all over her face. Notice the missing hands in the sleeve trick?
tounge.gif

That's Jen in forground, Glyn with back facing talking to David, Carl looking at Sues undertail, and Sue.

0402_ride_003.jpg

After a quick warming we went up to the Suffolk County Vietnam Veterans Memorial for the obligatory .Org pics.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: "spelling, what else"|1144030079 -->

0402_ride_009.jpg

Thermometer said 76 when I stopped in at the country store for a water at 5 p.m.
You boys and girls need to hop on that ferry and come ride in the country.

IMG_0347.JPG

last one.
After this stop Glyn and Sue had to break and head home to check on kids. Carl David and I decided to log in some miles and went easterly for 75 or so miles. Was a good ride and I enjoyed. Jens' butt got a bit sore and she just kept mumbling Tobin,Tobin,Tobin.
cool.gif
She has a ways to go before she hangs all day!

All in all a good day spent with quality members with nice bikes. Hope all made it home okay and enjoyed as much as we did!
Ride safe.

0402_ride_011.jpg

Sorry, didn't mean to Hijack the thread at all, didn't know you where still posting photos
So , 2.77 for gas today on the Island I see.

Yeah. that's the norm on fuel. It turned out to be a nice afternoon but chilly this morning with the westerly breeze. my poor daughters jacket zipper split from the bottom on E-Way and she didn't say anything. Luckily it was only about a mile before we bounced off to meet the others. Poor kid didn't want to be a whiner and not get asked to go again!
I'm looking forward to getting across the sound this year and visiting!

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144028992 -->

looks like i missed a real good time , ill definatly be there next time ! i did get up at 4 am but it was pretty cold ! so i didnt leave for home till 730 , sunday traffic !

see you made the ride dave. catch you guys next time. i'm about 15 minutes from that memorial. tuesday nights in spring/ summer there's an awsome car/bike show near there at the brookhaven ampitheater.

Damn, wish I made the ride. Looks like you guys had a great time, hopefully I will make it for the next one.

Nice day out, sorry we couldn't stay for the whole day
sad.gif

Thanks for taking the pics and putting them up here PDBusa,
maybe I'll remember to take my camera next time
blush.gif

Gas @ $2.77, yup, it has been creeping up around here a bit lately but the bike does well on its MPG, so we can still (barely) afford to go joyriding
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back