Yosh R22

drmustang

Registered
I was at the Suzuki dealer today finishing up my deal on a new 06 Busa and saw a picture of a new Yosh bolt on, R22? Has anyone used these or heard them?

<!--EDIT|drmustang
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134865116 -->

BDE HINDLE AND WELCOME AND CONGRATS.

<!--EDIT|JROCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135039628 -->

a few fics

DSCN1231.JPG

I just posted a pair of RS-3s in the "For Sale" section in case anyone's interested.

Ed

Okay - dumb question, perhaps. My old RS-3s angled inward toward the bike for, I suppose, increased corning clearance. Being in my late 50s, any knee-dragging days I might have had are long since gone and, from an appearance standpoint, I would have preferred them to be parallel with the rest of the bike. Well, I installed the new R-22s last night and surprise, surprise - they are parallel. BUT the cone-shaped outlets point inward. I know I'll be asked about that, so I emailed Yoshimura for the "official" reason, but in the meantime, does anyone else know why they are made like that?

Also, there is an error (at least, in my opinion) in the installation instructions for the pipes. They show the bands that encircle the cans attaching to the inside of the rear peg bracket but doing so would deform the bands and put a lot of tension on the cans and midpipes. I have mine attached to the outside of the brackets, as does "busacruise" above. Just an FYI...

I await your replies!

Ed

PS - the RS-3s are sold.

Okay - dumb question, perhaps.  My old RS-3s angled inward toward the bike for, I suppose, increased corning clearance.  Being in my late 50s, any knee-dragging days I might have had are long since gone and, from an appearance standpoint, I would have preferred them to be parallel with the rest of the bike.  Well, I installed the new R-22s last night and surprise, surprise - they are parallel.  BUT the cone-shaped outlets point inward.  I know I'll be asked about that, so I emailed Yoshimura for the "official" reason, but in the meantime, does anyone else know why they are made like that?

Also, there is an error (at least, in my opinion) in the installation instructions for the pipes.  They show the bands that encircle the cans attaching to the inside of the rear peg bracket but doing so would deform the bands and put a lot of tension on the cans and midpipes.  I have mine attached to the outside of the brackets, as does "busacruise" above.  Just an FYI...

I await your replies!

Ed

PS - the RS-3s are sold.
Did anyone else have to replace 4 of the attaching bolts?
The instructions on mine had a short bolt going in a specific hole and two long ones in the others. The long bolts would not let the can bolt up tight. So a trip to the hardware store to get 4 shorter bolts. A little hard to find the same bolt but did. All six bolts now are the same size. Just wondering if happened to others.
rock.gif

Mine went together as instructed with the exception of the position of the band attachment - the three bolts fit per the diagram. Did you notice that the bolts were different colors? The shorter ones are not quite as brightly finished as the longer ones.

Ed

Does anyone else with R-22s think they are loud? Mine are a LOT louder than the RS-3s they replaced - and I mean earplug loud, especially at lower RPMs and under load. At cruisng speeds, they are not objectionable.

Ed

Back