If your chain snapz

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
This is a must to do mod like frame sliders and the kick stand mod !

On a scale from #1 to #10 I would rate this mod to be a #4. All you have to do is remove the bike rightside panel cover,gear linkage, speed sensor, unbolt your overflow coolant tank, remove the clutch reservoir top cover,remove by releaseing the clutch line pressure by slowly opening the bleeder  valve screw on the clutch release cylinder,removethe union bolt on the clutch release cylinder,unbolt the clutch release cylinder housing from the sprocket cover, unbolt the sprocket cover plate.

At this point you might want to clean up in there by removing all that sludge build up. I just sprayed simple green and wiped down.

Next pull out the old pushrod out and replace with the new pushrod cover with recommend grease, and install your assembled billet cover with the old cylinder clutch release installed. Warning you will notice that there is an extra bolt and hole in the billet cover. The extra bolt hole will sit exactly directly above a water pump bolt, so you will have to remove the it and replace with the extra bolt that came in the kit.
Torque the sprocket cover bolts to #7LB-ft and the speed sensor to #3 LB-ft, union bolt to 16.5LB-ft.
Next make sure your bleeder valve screw is closed on the clutch cylinder release. Begin to pump the clutch lever a few times holding it all the way to the grip (keep an eye on you fluid inside the clutch reservoir and make sure it doesnt get empty), and with your other hand loosen the bleeder valve screw on the clutch cylinder release until clutch fluid begins to flow in a solid stream . You will have to repeat this process until there is no more air bubbles apparent in your drainline that is attached to the bleeder valve screw. Once there is no more air in the line tighten the bleeder valve to 5.5 LB-ft

Heres what you will need to to the job. If I miss anything guys please fill in !
DOT4 brake fluid.
Shop manual recommend using 99000-25030 on the clutch push rod, but I used a multi-purpose lithium grease I had in the garage.
Transparent hose line from lowes that will be used as a drain line placed over the bleeder valve or you can use a brake bleeder kit.

After doing this mod you wont have to worry about your water pump, clutch pushrod or sprocket cover getting damage from a snapped chain. A small investment that will save you big time if your chain ever snapz.

DSC02471.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

DSC02474.jpg

After cleaned shez been cleaned up.
DSC02480.jpg

RhythmzDIY.jpg

Rhythmz2.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

Polished up and ready for install onto Medusa!
DSC02499.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143577388 -->

If she can do it, I know you Playaz can too !
tounge.gif

DSC02473.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143573464 -->

Rhythmz_2.jpg

Herez a full blown photo of the sprocket cover I just took that should make the job alil more easier finding everything !

sprocketcover.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143575718 -->

Nice write up. Answers some questions I was just about to ask.

--Wag--

Thanks NJ, Rhythm. Now, I'm gonna have to invest in both of those items.
laugh.gif

OT: Rhythm, nice bike lift. Is it hydraulic, air, mechanical? More pics please.
tounge.gif

Thanks NJ, Rhythm.  Now, I'm gonna have to invest in both of those items.
laugh.gif

OT: Rhythm, nice bike lift. Is it hydraulic, air, mechanical? More pics please.
tounge.gif

The garage is a mess right now, so I'll only  show you an online version of what it lQQk like.  
biggrin.gif

There are others lifts available but I like the price tag on this one compared to the others I've seen.  
AAAssjani.gif

Harbor frieght and tools

I'm just a broke Pimp on a budget !  
blues.gif

harborfreight.com
Foot operated lift leaves your hands free. Easily lifts motorcycles and ATVs up to 1000 lbs. for servicing.
Foot operated pump and ram assembly
Platform panel moves out of the way to make it easier to service rear wheels
Removable steel ramp with dual mount pins for security
Three position tire vise opens to 6-1/8''
7'' wide tire stop
All steel construction
Four smooth-rolling casters.
Height range: 6-1/2'' to 31''; Platform dimensions: 86-1/2'' L x 27-1/2'' W; Shipping weight: 410 lbs.

ITEM 91764-1VGA
$349.99

$299.99
I use this lift plenty of times over the year with no problems with the hydraulic pump leaking. Good enuff for a weekend wrench warrior like myself.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143583876 -->

Looks good there Ty man as always i used to have a lift like that i'm upgrading to a handylift a lot more change but now i can service the 4wheelers also take it easy playa:cool:

Back