Lowering links

armybusa

Registered
i just ordered lowering links and a triple tree, is it a huge pain to change the triple tree and how low will it lower the front end?? and what all will i need to change it out? like a stand or anything?

armybusa-

I'm no expert, but if you have done much maintenance on bikes you shouldn't have much problem. Best if you have a friend help you out, you will be changing the waby the bike sets while performing the operation.
I would think a stand would work okay to keep her upright but be on the safe side. The tree will allow the fork tubes to be slid upwards through there clamps. The higher the tubes slide up, the lower the front end sits. Dependant on the set up you have chosen you may need to re-route cables as well. Just make sure everything is strack before you lay the hammer down.

Good luck and post some pics.

Corso

Which tree and links did you buy? I'm wanting to do the same thing, but can't decide as to what to buy.

Did you get the upper clamp only, or did you buy a whole new one piece triple tree?

so you just push the tree down as far as you want and thats it?? and ill post as soon as they come in and i can get them on. thanks.

so you just push the tree down as far as you want and thats it?? and ill post as soon as they come in and i can get them on. thanks.
Little more to it than that.  When you get the triple clamps loose the front end will fall on the fender.

You will want another person to help you. Take stock top cover off.  Loosen all the bolts until you can PUSH the clip ons down.  Put your new top tree on and bolt up.  Measure the height of the forks over the top clamp, both legs should be exactly the same.
Also find a point to make sure the bottom clamp is the same distance on both legs.  This is a half day project.

Dog bones aren't as bad, but you will want another person with those too.  The rear end will fall on the tire when the stock is taken off.  

Pic for reference

<!--EDIT|hbr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142535833 -->

Misc_Pictures_037__Small_.jpg

hey thanks for that info, i had my bike down to one dog bone when i read this. i would have dropped my bike for sure. and what size is the allen key to take the tripple tree off? im learning i done quite have the tool chest to do all the things myself. thanks again for the info and the pics.

If someone sets up a group buy for a pmr one piece tree, a set of quality dogbones like the ones from Vortex, and an adjustable stand, I am definitely in. Shoot, even a group buy on the tree alone, and I'm in since that's the most expensive part.

Back