Listening to music while riding?

Tervlover

Registered
Someone I met briefly had a thumb switch which allowed the rider to turn off his MP3 player at the click of a button.  I haven't been able to find anything similar to that.  Does anyone have information or advice for riding with music?

Most mp3 units come with a wired remote that has this feature your asking for(stop,pause,fwd,reverse). If your mp3 player didnt come with one try going online to their website and search under accessories for the mp3 model you have.

my.02

Holla
Ty

Personally, I wouldn't ride with music. To much of a distraction.

If you find what you're looking for Tervlover just be carefull. To many people in cars who don't look out for us riders out there. There are to many things that can go wrong on a bike even with total concentration.

The music helps me concentrate on riding a little better. Especially classical music. My riding is much smoother with my Well-Tempered Clavier going in the background!

--Wag--

I have my MP3 and XM radios wired in... love the flexibility to find just about anything I could want to listen to... and as long as you are careful with the volume levels, you can still hear the ambiant noises around you (cars/trucks/bikes/horns/etc) Just whatever you do be careful out there. I have a detailed write up in the electrical mods section for the xm install
cool.gif

If you find what you're looking for Tervlover just be carefull. To many people in cars who don't look out for us riders out there. There are to many things that can go wrong on a bike even with total concentration.

So,I guess you wouldn't approve of my 500 watt Busa sound system setup.  
tounge.gif

Slide1.jpg

654.jpg

My daughter left her ipod at home yesterday.....so I sniped it. Tunes were very cool....but 2 problems;

the dang ear buds almost tore my ears off when I removed my helmet.:O

and...couldn't let anyone see me changing songs and such (when stopped).....cause the dang thing is pink!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
blush.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

Slide1.jpg

654.jpg
Hey Rhythm.... Where is the amp? You know ...... to make that 8 hit.
smile.gif

I can attest... Rhytm is da pimp of all pimps when it comes to the tricked out busa
cool.gif
That system hits great and sounds wonderful, even at 80mph
cool.gif

and for ear buds, look for the "koss plugs" on ebay or local stores. They fit in your ear nicely and have a very good sound.

cool.gif

I would say this:

If you never rode any distance then you wont understand the need for music.  You need to use custom helmet type speakers or put the earphone pads inthe foam yourself to protect your ears.  Consider a NOJ QUIET RIDER helmet cover to cover the neck area of your helmet for a more quiter ride when using helmet speakers.  

OR

Go the route Rhythm did and bump yer shytt outload so airy one can hear it.  FYI Rhythms approach is very clean and has great depth. He's assiting with mine he just doesnt know it yet.
smile.gif

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141850940 -->

tounge.gif

Slide1.jpg

654.jpg
smile.gif
Hey guess what, I aint telln.
tounge.gif

Seriouly, Playa, I had to enlarge my trunk compartment. Basically I redesign the undertail to hold everything. Theres only a few here that have seen and heard Medusa get her boogy on.

tounge.gif

ICEMANN
Hayabusa Legend

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.84

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would say this:

If you never rode any distance then you wont understand the need for music. You need to use custom helmet type speakers or put the earphone pads inthe foam yourself to protect your ears. Consider a NOJ QUIET RIDER helmet cover to cover the neck area of your helmet for a more quiter ride when using helmet speakers.

OR

Go the route Rhythm did and bump yer shytt outload so airy one can hear it. FYI Rhythms approach is very clean and has great depth. He's assiting with mine he just doesnt know it yet.

JD
[/QUOTE]

laugh.gif
Am I being Pimp'd out ?

Thanks for the kind words, Brian !

tounge.gif

Slide1.jpg

654.jpg
smile.gif
and did you wire it directly to the battery?

tounge.gif

Slide1.jpg

654.jpg
smile.gif
and did you wire it directly to the battery?
Which one, I'm packn two batteries
rock.gif
tounge.gif

No cheesy setup or battery drainage here, Playa !

tounge.gif

hey Rhythm that avatar is on of the best ive seen !!please keep up the good work and give a 180 view
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Tervlover
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone I met briefly had a thumb switch which allowed the rider to turn off his MP3 player at the click of a button. I haven't been able to find anything similar to that. Does anyone have information or advice for riding with music? [/QUOTE]

Since I jack'd the hell out of the manz thread, I'll repost his question. Sorry, Tervlover !

Back