How do you get that 'ion' look?

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
2 years ago when I started riding, I used to see gixxers with that 'ion' (rainbow effect) on the lens such as some cars do, and aftermarket foglights. I saw enough of that type of light on the bike I thought it was stock. The light output would shift to different color spectrums at different angles.

Soon it won't matter since HID will be the first or second mod I will do to the bike next month. But I still would like to know, is it an ION film used or what?

The only time I see a light that changes color is when it is a projector type lense.
The color looks different from different angles.
On my truck I put in aftermarket projector head lights with HID and they look green from one angle, blue from another, and violet from another.
So my guess is that it is the projectors that you are seeing.

Ok if they make a projector housing for the gixxer then maybe that was it. I had blue ION projectors on my import that changed colors too. But this appears what I was seeing was the actual lens with a rainbow spectrum through out the lens just as some cars have. Or maybe it was the bulb itself.

can't say that I've hearda that one before.
rock.gif

the only rainbow effects I've seen are badly manufactured 'HID look' wannbees, that don't quite make the grade quality wise. the rainbow effect is on purpose?

I agree, the rainbow is a poor-man's look at something different from the white-yellow OEM bulbs. I had this for my car at one point, APC makes them.

ahahha yeah its alright I am going with HID anyway much better! BTW are there any pics of 12k+ Temp output by HID, and at 9k? I can't decide if I want deep blue, purple or the green/light blue tint

There's a prism box you can put over the bulb.  I think Dennis Kirk sells them.
Funny you mention that because I bought 1 for the busa but it would not fit into the housing without takin the actual headlamp apart so I just bought another one and but them on the Ford Escape H4 bulbs.  It would have been cool though but thats past. Thanks for the pics above DNGrumpy, thats basically the color I want. I think I will go with the 9k those are really noticeable, I seen those on Scions.

<!--EDIT|HayaBoosta03
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141363788 -->

I have 12000K in my truck in a projector housing
They are Philips not any cheapo brand
Also, they do change colors when you look at them at
different angles, they change from mainly blue and
violet. It is because of the lense that the light
projects through

tahoe_hid_1small.jpg

Back