Interesting ride today (w/ pix)

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
time...7:38am...wifey brings me out my cell phone as I'm taking my first few sips of sunday morning coffee and lighting up my first smoke of the day...it's Dakkine..."Wanna Ride Today?....Ride_or_Fish is headed over my place in 15 minutes...we can swing over and pick you up."...yes...cool...thanks...I'll be ready.

We opted to stay away from the inner city coastal traffic and lit out for the great northwest...one flock of buzzards later we landed at the corner restaurant for breakfast...

RF1.jpg

45 minutes later on our triple digit time machines found us 101 miles west on the other side of lake okeechobee...through lakeport and the indian reservation...where all our full tanks were nearing the red zone...and we fueled up...and then got a call from the local sportbike crew...to meet them on the other side of the 1/2 state wide lake...so we did...and 45 minutes later?...were were ...

here meeting these guys...

RF2.jpg

Dakkine is one huge dude...almost makes his busa look like a minibike....but you couldn't meet a nicer guy and great friend...

RF3.jpg

nice telfonica....

RF4.jpg

"Notable Events & Points Of Interest":

1. A buzzard and I were almost weighed and judged today.

2. Ride_Or_Fish is well through the break-in of his new busa annnd...his TRE definantly...uhem....works...he had much fun...I backed off when the vapor trails started forming...he can explain the rest better than I.

3. At one point we were going so fast I made the mistake of licking my lips and there was so much air rushing in my helmets chin vent it blew my lips apart and shot my chewing gum down the back of my throat like a .22 short...I was choking on my own gum at about a buck 60.....couldn't breath for a moment but didn't dare do anything drastic as Dakkine was right on my tail...so I forced myself to yack it back up and kept chew'in and rid'in.
laugh.gif

Great ride today guys and thanks...thoroughly enjoyed myself and can't wait for the next ride and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140379097 -->

Great pics Jinkster! Thanks for sharing! (even tho it frustrates the HECK out of me that I can't ride today!)

Alright.... I say we have a big dude contest! Me and Dakkine! Winner gets a Busa donated by the other members! What do yall say?
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Thats it rub it in, Glad you guys had fun, and everybodys safe.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140381422 -->

Thanks Jinks, I really enjoyed myself today. I was having withdrawls, missing not riding the route for some time that we took today, for obvious reasons...
I'm having serious tachometer issues with it reaching 10,900 rpm on stock motor and gearing, long after the speedo pegged itself at 185. That's way too fast for a showroom bike (w/tre) and I know we didn't have a 15 mph tail wind. Nor do i believe the clutch is slipping - the bike was pulling like a freight train and I wanted to back off before hitting the rev limiter in 6th! That's not supposed to happen unless you're coming down a mountain!
rock.gif

real kool pics bill. nice write-up too. it was 7 degrees wind chill here on long island [ny] lastnight.

We went riding today too, it was "the other lovely mrs. Kesler's" first ride. That is her in the pink. (Brian's wife)

tn_100_4997.JPG

Great pics from the folks in Florida. Thanks for sharing and making us jealous. Hopefully it will warm enough for the rest of us soon!!

Great pics, nothing better than a day of riding, regardless of the weather. Nice weather does make it better though.

We went riding today too, it was "the other lovely mrs. Kesler's" first ride. That is her in the pink. (Brian's wife)
How's Brian's new bike working out for him?

You look like a giant next to his wife  
tounge.gif
You should see me next to Dakkine, I don't look quite so big then. I have to look up to him.

Brian's bike is doing great. We have found that it has a very small tank though. His low fuel light comes on around 80 miles. It's running great though and I've had it up to 140.

Kevin

Thanks for the pics. Was a whopping 17 deg. here in Kansas City today! No riding for me. Glad you guys had a safe trip.

Back