Getting a GPS

Here is some more info. Pay attention to what they say about the screens. TFT vs LCD is a very big issue on a motorcycle.

TFT is readable in direct sunlight LCD is very difficult to see.

The 276c and Quest (possibly the 27xx) have TFT. The 26xx had LCD. I'm not sure about the other brands. The 276 was actually designed for dual purpose water/street navigation. It was marketed to the boat crowd also so the street kit was an optional part.

The only thing I'd do different if I had to replace mine would be an upgrade to the 376c

THIS is why i love this board! My philosophy is bigger is better. Especially when it comes to screens. I think i've narrowed it down between the 276c and the iWay 500. Both have large screens both are TFT both have auto route update both are waterproof both kick azz! The iWay is a lilttle ahead because it already comes with a motorcycle mount AND Windshield mount. Still looking and thinking though. The search isn't over till the cash register dings!

I just saw a bunch of reviews of GPS units in a motorcycle magazine, left it at work and forgot the name. It was backroads or something like that.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139210866 -->

check out the garmin c330. i work at circuit city in the roadshop and that is our fav. you can get it for 600. it is not waterproof and not ment for a bike, however i made it work on mine. plus it has a 4 hr batt life. so you don't need a plug on the road. i did add a cig lighter on my bike anyway for really long rides

Also there is a guy on ebay who makes a camera/gps/radar/mount for the hayabusa around 25$ if you use buy now got one last week its not to bad may be something to look into if you are getting a gps.

Garmin GPS V mounted on bike with Ram mount.
With Flash.

100_1133.jpg

Do any or all of these GPS units give you ground speed etc or just map your trip? Do you have a continuous readout of current speed? Which ones are water proof and which ones are not?

I've been thinking about one myself?

Do any or all of these GPS units give you ground speed etc or just map your trip? Do you have a continuous readout of current speed? Which ones are water proof and which ones are not?

I've been thinking about one myself?
All GPS that I know of give current speed, average speed, top speed. Some of the higher up models do have mapping abilities. The GPS V that I put on the first page does all the above for a cheaper price. Don't really know if it's waterproof or not.

The Fat Lady has Sung! I went through hbr-06busa here on the Board and got the iWAY 500C. All I can say right now is D A Y U M! This thing does everything but steer for ya! R.A.M Handlebar Mount and Windshield Mounts are included, Stereo connection cord is included, USB/PC To iWAY connection cord included, 120V to 12V Transformer plug included, 12V Car adapter included, Touch Screen Cleaning Cloth included, unit Cover Included, Pre-Loaded with North America Street Level mapping on the 10 Gig HD with tons of POI's pre-installed including restaurants,gas stations and Hospitals and I have room to add 1000 of my own. I also have an additional 10 Gigs of space for my MP3's. Couldn't be happier or more impressed with this 5" color screened jewel of a GPS.
BIG thanks to ya Todd!!
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140192584 -->

Back