rear pics of hmf high mount?

gstspeedster

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys..
I'm installing the hmf highmounts and the cans just dont seem to be lining up. Im pretty sure the midpipes are on the right side and pretty sure the brackets are too, because they just don't seem like they would fit on the opposite sides. So I've spent about 2 hours looking for pics on the forums and only found 2 that are directly from the back, and they are not very good pics. I'm assuming that the tips are suppose to be perfectly lined up, as far as the top and bottom of the tip, with the ground. My left can wants to cant to the outside of the bike so the top of the tip is pointed twoards the bike. Also anouther guy was suppose to email me the instructions from hmf but I haven't heard from him so if anyone else has the instructions pleas email them to bestout@sbcglobal.net. Thanks again guys.. and if pics are needed to let you see what I'm talking about I'll be more than happy to take some.

Yep!

Bath_4.JPG

thanks nitrous but I should have been more specific. I've got the other tips that come on the pipes, the ones that angle down, thats the problem. I kinda wish I had the tips you have so I wouldn't have this problem. Thanks again though.

see in this pic how the left side doesnt seem straight up and down but the bottom is pointed more outward?

post_49_00913_GJoker3_3_05.jpg

these are the two pics I found on the forums by the way, not my bike. Anyway heres another one and it looks like the tips are straight up and down..

post_47_87088_hmf_completesm.jpg

Oh yeah... that pic was also taken directly after install~ I did have to 'reangle' the mounting brackets to bring the pipes out from the swingarm since then~
wink.gif

Yes. The way the bike is made, the left side has more stuff on it. You'll notice the spacers they give you are different thicknesses also. Because the left side needs to come out more.

Look at the bike from the back. Sit on the floor and look at it.. it's got more "stuff" on the left side.

Or do I have that backwards? More stuff on the right side??

Damn I wish I had my own Busa
blush.gif

All four spacer were the same size on mine. Thats all they sent. so the left side, the side with the chain, has spacers that are longer?

see in this pic how the left side doesnt seem straight up and down but the bottom is pointed more outward?
I think the reason they point a little inward may be due to the fact that you have them in tight to the plate (nothing wrong with that look ..) i will post a pic later . But mine are sraight but i have a bout 1 1/2 space on each side on my plate ..

PM me you email...The email button from the board does not let me attach files.

I'll send them in the morning when I get home from work.

Back