More dealership fun...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I found out that a local stealership had an '06 10R in stock so I headed down to check it out. On a positive note the little sales hottie was great. She was flat out honest and upfront about the fact that she knew next to nothing about the sport bikes. She said she preferred riding dirt and knew more about the dirt bikes and four wheelers. She never tried to shoot me a line of shid or throw any sales pitches, she simply said she would try to find out anything I needed to know about the 10 and left it at that. It was absolutely refreshing to run across a sales person, especially one her age (I'm guessing early to mid 20's) that was just cool as hell and not full of sales crap. Too bad this dealership never comes close on prices. I'd love to give this young lady my business if I go with an '06 10. I am going to give them every chance to get my business if I go that route just because of her honesty, but my hopes aren't very high.
wink.gif

Anyway, on to the dealership "fun"... This guy walks in while I'm sitting on the 10 and starts looking at it. He starts talking about his buddy's bike, which is a "Kawasaki 1000 ZR"... Ummm, ok.
rock.gif
Anyway, according to him, this mystery machine has a "computerized muffler" that cost $1000 and "it will go over 100 miles per hour!" OMG!
eek2.gif
biggrin.gif
He said more stuff but I didn't pay much attention after that, of course. It never ceases to amaze me what people say at bike dealerships.
laugh.gif

And on that note, Revlis... God bless you and anyone else who works in a dealership and hears this stuff day in and day out. I don't know how you keep from rippin' heads off!
drooling3.gif

thats some funny stuff
laugh.gif
 any pics of early to mid 20's honest and upfront young lady
rock.gif
rock.gif
you know we all love pics
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138833953 -->

rock.gif

I was in a dealership last week and it seems that when you do come across someone that has a passion for riding they are the best to deal with. I would give the sale to the girl and let her manager know that she was the only reason why you bought the bike there.

Good luck on the 10.

I was in a dealership last week and it seems that when you do come across someone that has a passion for riding they are the best to deal with. I would give the sale to the girl and let her manager know that she was the only reason why you bought the bike there.

Good luck on the 10.
They were $1800 off on their "best out the door" price when I bought my last 10R... I can't afford to lose that much just to give my business to her. If it was within a few hundred I would do it without hesitation, but not when they are that far off...
wink.gif

get a few quotes and go back, tell them your history of bike buying and let them know you mean business.:;):

It was a very nice article about new 10 in SportRider.
My nearby dealership just about the same.... Hard to negotiate... I`ve got a quote from Omaha, printed it out and gave it to sales manager... I asked him about one reason why should I pay a penny more to him? 2 hour later I own my Busa..

get a few quotes and go back, tell them your history of bike buying and let them know you mean business.:;):
That sure is a hassle seeing as how I can go to the dealer I've bought my last three bikes from and get the best price without even haggling. Every single time I've bought from him he simply laid out his best price and we were done. And the dealer that was $1800 off is on my way to the other dealer and can't stand the fact that I drive past them to get to the other dealer to buy my bikes.... but they still wouldn't truly deal. I am going to give them one last opportunity (if I decide to get a new 10) but if they blow it this time, never again.

It was a very nice article about new 10 in SportRider.
My nearby dealership just about the same.... Hard to negotiate... I`ve got a quote from Omaha, printed it out and gave it to sales manager... I asked him about one reason why should I pay a penny more to him? 2 hour later I own my Busa..
I guess I'm just spoiled by the dealer I've been using. As mentioned above, no haggling, just a phone call telling him what I want and a request for his best out the door price gets me deals comparable to the best ones I see on the net. It's hard to make myself negotiate with someone else when he shoots me straight from the word go.
wink.gif

I would stick with the dealer that you have been doing business with all along. It's nice that she was honest, but your regular dealer is the one that was fair on thier price right from the get go, and didn't have to be brought quotes to get a better deal. Just my .02. I like to stay loyal to people who treat me right.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138837877 -->

man dude with all the nice bikes you have bought in the last year or so, I would probably go with the dealer you have a good relationship with. But then go back and show the other dealership the sales slip. Alittle salt in the wound might be good for some competitive business in the future.

Thats cool Chris. Im surprised the new 10 is out. I figured it would be a few days after Daytona till' we saw it.

man dude with all the nice bikes you have bought in the last year or so, I would probably go with the dealer you have a good relationship with. But then go back and show the other dealership the sales slip. Alittle salt in the wound might be good for some competitive business in the future.
Salted the wound last time. The sales manager said to bring her their best price next time and she would beat it. I told her that she should just give me her best price to begin with and that I wouldn't allow her to undercut him by a few bucks to steal the business. I told her last time that unless she got right and gave me her true best OTD price next time I wouldn't consider them again. Not sure the salt will be effective though... I don't know how they keep the doors open unless they make it off of dirt bikes and four wheelers, which they appear to be more interested in selling.
rock.gif

Thats cool Chris. Im surprised the new 10 is out. I figured it would be a few days after Daytona till' we saw it.
Nah, one dealer has already sold a couple of 'em and they have three black ones that are supposed to be here this week or first of next week. Folks are already postin' up pics of their new '06 10's on the 10R forum too. They're here.
wink.gif

Back