How do you get rid of small scratches?

KennyMac

Registered
G'day Gents,
I have been progressively putting little touches on the 'Busa and it is getting there but small scratches are annoying the hell out of me. The sort no-one else notices but I do. These are the kind your Dad always said 'oh, they will buff straight out' lol. What about on plastic? I'm sure there is a way but I don't want to experiment to the point of making a small issue a big one. Any surefire cures for my fairing blues?

By the way, that website link about Ricers was hilarious, my wife quizs me constantly about the cars around us, "Is that a Ricer?', ha. Although, i think some of the paint schemes I see on here from time to time puts a few busas' in the bike version of that category.

yep....a nice orbital buffer should take care of that. Not too hard, though. That, and prolly a clay conditioning bar should do the trick.

Next time, only use terry cloths. Old t-shirts will absolutely wreck your paint job.

Zaino products work well for me. I have the fastest color. Black of course. It also shows those small scratches the worst.

Meguire's ScratchX works really well and it's pretty cheap. It takes small scratches out real easy by hand no buffer needed. I have a 05 red/black and I mostly use it on the black tank. It also took out some scratches, on the hump, from where my work boots brushed against it.

Cheers for tha advice Pacificbusa. I'll go give it a go. the marks are from a bird smacking the front next to the headlight and doing a para roll down the right side. It seems Busas' like to eat all sorts of birds, not just blackbirds. I do use the right cloths and all, no filthy t-shirt. Hookie, yeah you are right, the darker the worse it is. I have never heard of Zaino. No suprise there, we are getting electricity here in Aus next year. I was just looking for that magic compound, toothpaste mixed with oil of ulan or something, lol. I will take a pic this arvo and post it up, someone has to be there for the Skippys.
biggrin.gif

Brand new pic, 5 minutes old. This is the side with the marks, can you see them, I can. I am going to get a Tobin set of seats this year some time. he makes a real nice colour combo for this silver. So, what do you blokes reckon, ok for a hick Aussie? lol.
smile.gif

IMG_0503_2.jpg

Thanks. I am particulary proud of the rims. Hand rubbed back, silver paint applied to the interior area and spokes leaving the outside areas. These were hand polished with nothing more than wet and dry and rim polish and a few rags. I recommend it to anyone with a lot of time on their hands. I know I could have had them done somewhere else but then I wouldn't have a cool story or a punishing memory. lol.

Brand new pic, 5 minutes old. This is the side with the marks, can you see them, I can. I am going to get a Tobin set of seats this year some time. he makes a real nice colour combo for this silver. So, what do you blokes reckon, ok for a hick Aussie? lol.
smile.gif
KennyMac,

Is that a Ventura luggage rack? Do you ever carry a passenger who uses it as a backrest?

Nice ride
cool.gif

yep. Ventura. I carry a pillion all the time. It is a fair way back and you would feel a bit weird to sit right at the back. If they did, a little extra front brake will cure that ,lol. it has sticker they can plainly see advising against it. Why do you ask? Personal experience or are you after one? Thanks for the nice compliment.

Update: just asked the wife and she tells me she does lean on it a little if I take off a bit quick for her. The front end doesn't get light and I never noticed. I notice that she fidgets constantly, geez, I hope she doesn't read this.
biggrin.gif

I am starting to notice that Busa's do seem to have an appetite for small birds. One hit my front fairing last October. Killed the little bugger dead:blush:

Take it easy with buffer, vinil decals hate buffers... you don`t want to upset them...

You will give up eventially. I have black car and damn good vision.. I can see those scratches from mile away... My garage looks like detail shop.... 5 hours buffing and then some more buffing she looks better then new...

20 minutes later i can see 12000 dust particles...
Damn Denver...
smile.gif

3M makes some good products, and will make black paint look wet and hide scratches for about a week.

Thanks Turbojonn. I took a closer image of the rear so that you can see what it looks like. I like it but it took some serious elbow grease. Lindy likes it, lol.
laugh.gif

rear_wheel.jpg

Back