Fairing screens... where the?

HT_USMC

Registered
I've looked at both Home Depot and Lowes (and a couple local plumbing shops) and cannot find the "screen" material everyone says they have such great success with.

Maybe I'm being picky but I want the screens to be as close to an exact match as the ram jet intake screens as possible. It appears others have found the material I'm seeking but I'm having no luck. Any ideas?

1zhelp.gif

I found mine at Home Depot. Look for gutter screening in the building area. They were 6" x 36" "hinged screen gutter guards". I bought two for about $3.00 .

got 8 pcs on Ebay for $25 shipped and painted black.....formed and labled nice. I could imagine a couple hours shaping and cutting with the gutter guards.

I found mine at Home Depot.  Look for gutter screening in the building area.  They were 6" x 36" "hinged screen gutter guards".  I bought two for about $3.00 .

+1

go to homedepot.com and put "hinged screen gutter guards" in the search area.

<!--EDIT|Poppy
Reason for Edit: "link did not work, D'oh!"|1136425150 -->

Got mine at AutoZone! APC mesh grille. Costs about $34 and comes in colors.

thats what I bought... just have to take the time to actually do it
blush.gif

thinking I'll wait til I have a few more under the cover mods before I worry with installing them. Ya know, if you do new stuff each winter, its like having a new bike each spring
laugh.gif

Bought mine at Home Depot also, just shape and attach. I did mine with Ultra black hi-temp.

I was reading through the forum and got a little inspired. I went down to the local hardware (we don't have Homedepot here) and found zip in the gutter guard stuff that would look right. However, I did come across perfect screen material in Supercheap Auto (a relatively cheesy hotrod shop). Anodised and all. It is made for the kids to sup up their skylines. It was an identical match for the suzuki pattern and was easy to work. One small sheet was easily enough to do all the holes with enough left over to make a oil cooler grill as well. I'm not a gifted fabricator by any stretch but if the job took me four hours, anyone with a clue should be able to do it in half that. The only caution I can give is if you choose to replace the front air screens then trim and shape them precisely as getting the tubes to fit over the new ones is kinda tricky. took me a bit of cut and tuck to get right. That explains why the original ones looked crap at first glance. Well that's my two cents. Good luck.

rpm9001 also makes and sells them. I got a set from him, and was really impressed with price, packing, and fitment. No sharp edges, and very nice quality screen - looks nicer than some of the screen's Ive seen, but I guess thats just my opinion.
wink.gif

Thanks for the responses everyone (and the pictures!!)!

I guess I'll have to run down to the depot again (maybe the 3rd one across town) and see if I can find the stuff.

I went to home depot. The gutter screens are in the roofing sections. I installed my screens to day. I used a soldering gun to tack screens in place and then used silicone. It worked great and only took a couple of hours. What a great look.

The problem with gutters screen is that alluminum and very soft, easy to bend.

How you like ths chrommed one? Pattern exactly like busa intake covers grille

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136701899 -->

IMG_4529.JPG

BTW. all 8 pieces HARD CHROMMED $50 TYD

I don`t do preformed, it`s ripp off. If you mount them yourself you can preform them yourself in 5 minutes.

Who need alluminum gutters crap? I can give it to you for free. I bought like 20 feet... enoght for 4 bikes... I can`t use it. I think it`s crap..

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136702760 -->

IMG_4530.JPG

Back