I've been ducking this SC stang..

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
So I'm at my friends banshee shop tonight,he's got his brother inlaw there who owns a primo 2004 Vortech Supercharged GT,He's been hounding me for 3-4 day to run him,I've basically been avoiding the issue because after all,I'm an expat here, and street racing carries a stiff penalty,as it does in the states.Well, tonight after I politely declined, he said,theres no need to be scared,That was it! I told him, it'll take me 10 minutes to go get my bottle.

I went home and got the bottle,hooked it up and turned on the warmer and headed back to the shop,When I got there, only had about 800psi of pressure and he said lets go to the place, I said,wait. I need to get my bottle pressure up, So I whipped out my trusty electronic ignition Coleman torch and got the bottle pressure where I like it,1000psi.

We go out to this remote strip outside of town,and he says: "lets go from a role in second" I said no way man, we run from a dead stop for a quarter of a mile, he said lets do one of each. I said youre on.We get beside each other,I heated my tires up with a good long burn out,its very cool here now.He did the same.We line up, I hit my purge till I got a good,thick white fog shooting over my windshield,he gives me a thumbs up, we start rolling, shift to second, and my friends who's riding with him drops his arm,We both start to spin side by side so I immediately start to slip my center force clutch,it was like a rocket ship took off,most of the times in the past, If I was beside someone in 2nd, they could hang it up, no different here.I put prolly 15 car lenghts on him and kept it.

Then we line up from a dead start,I turned my nitrous off, I know my car will only spin spraying from a dead start.My friend starts us, we're side by side through 1rst,I shift to second,still side by side,I reach down and hit the toggle,again I shoot out this time maybe 15-20 lenghts and kept it.Now to his credit,his car runs good as he was spinning 1rst,2nd like crazy! Heres where my NC roots took over, I learned from one of the best in NC,Tracey Cockman,Slipp the clutch till you get a balance of on the edge of loosing traction and keeping the rpms up there.

Dude gave me props on my mustang,we shook hands and went back to the shop.Its not busa related, but it was fun as hell! NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136662754 -->

Very cool NJ! Wish you'd had some pics!!! What kind of times does your stang run?

cool.gif

Very cool NJ! Wish you'd had some pics!!! What kind of times does your stang run?
It went 11:10 at 121 with a 306 and a 125 shot.I havent had it at the track but once since the 331 and a BIGGER shot,had for the first time then at the rock traction issues,It went 11:10 again spinning first and second at 136.Its a street car,AC,powersteering.electric windows and locks, it even still has cruise control.I wanted a car I could drive to the track,bolt on some slicks,and have some fun.Its not fast by todays standards,but it will get somebody out on the street especially if they cant drive.I'm gonna buy a digital camcorder in a few days and maybe go hunt down a few more stangs.I'll be posting some vids of the car and the busa very soon.I'll be sporting some 15 by 11:50 ET Streets in about 4 days,It'll take a strong turbo car to run her down then,I can leave out on the street at 4500 spraying it off the line on ET streets.The car hooks good now that I have a big enough tire.NJ.

I'm finally gonna break down and paint the whole car in a few days,atlast some color for that harwood hood!LOL!
laugh.gif

great story, told very well.
Now, next time get some one to take photos.
Oh, and congradulations on the double take down.

Yea, the ET streets should help a bunch...that car could get away from you if you aren't on top of it...'stangs are short-coupled buggers!
tounge.gif

That is a unibody car....you must have frame connectors under that puppy....at least!

<!--EDIT|mjn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136667836 -->

Yea, the ET streets should help a bunch...that car could get away from you if you aren't on top of it...'stangs are short-coupled buggers!
tounge.gif

That is a unibody car....you must have frame connectors under that puppy....at least!
That was the first thing I put on it when I bought it 6 yrs ago, its been a real fun car,I suspect in a few days though, she'll be sold,word gets around here pretty quick about a fast car.Shes not really that fast,I just happen to hit all the gears tonight and half way know how to slip a clutch.If it were any faster,it will need a cage,it actually need one now,I can see signs of flex here and there.I used to let Tracey and his brother drive the car in Fayetteville and the Rock,its seen its share of 5 grand launches on slicks.The plan was to bring it over here,outrun a few cars and sell it quick,I'm building a dragbike and the turbo for it is expensive! I got an offer within the first 10 minutes of it leaving the port,Got another 2 over the past 3 days.They will be fighting over it now,I need to outrun a GTR or 2 to bring out the heavy hitters.Nobody that Ive seen can drive on the street over here,but there are a few fast GTR's and a ton of fast Supras around here.I'll have my hands full.Might have to put some different pills in the plate! NJ.

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136668469 -->

Tie in a cage and hard mount the frame connectors...makes for a much tighter, longer lasting setup! I learned my lesson about connectors years ago with a 69 camaro...dang windshield popped .. turned that stinkin car into a pretzel!!

buddy of mine and I built a Vega then..and went overboard on the cage. ever seen a 3300lb Vega?? LOL!! Still ran hard tho..till he wrecked it.:(

Tie in a cage and hard mount the frame connectors...makes for a much tighter, longer lasting setup! I learned my lesson about connectors years ago with a 69 camaro...dang windshield popped .. turned that stinkin car into a pretzel!!

buddy of mine and I built a Vega then..and went overboard on the cage. ever seen a 3300lb Vega?? LOL!! Still ran hard tho..till he wrecked it.:(
Yeah, I've seen a couple of cars that Tim Bradham built in Fayettville,he ties the cage to the subframe connectors,looks very stiff and strong.I'm not really wanting to spend any more money on the car here.I've got a turbo mustang project started in the states now.Right now I want to get this one sold and my drag bike running.NJ.

Priorities man! Thats the way. One of these days I'll start on my 35+ yr project......one of these days!
tounge.gif

Nice NJ, if you spanked him that bad in the Stang the busa would have killed him.

buddy of mine and I built a Vega then..and went overboard on the cage.  ever seen a 3300lb Vega??  LOL!!  Still ran hard tho..till he wrecked it.:(
I built a Vega  back in the day.

I was 16,young, dum an' full of....
I chose this year 'cause  to me it looked like a little Camaro,especially the front end.

It took me a few months to build it.Did it all myself.
1969 chev 307 rebuilt 194 vette heads
 too much carb (850 dubl pumper I think)
some hot accel ignition
a big lumpy cam(too big) never got it runnin' smooth
Turdblo 350 trans w/ phase II shift kit
3500 stall(I think,cant completely remem)
I robbed a very tuff old ford van of its 9 inch with 3.55 's .You'll see in the photo's it has a 4 bolt Monsa front suspension and that big ol 9 inch 5 bolt out back.

it took me a few months to build.... 3 DAYS to roll and destroy. Yup. 3 days on the road. I walked away with a little scratch on my shoulder where the roof crushed down on me.

I was drag racing of all things  a Mustang. A 64 or 5. A tourist bus came up over the rise and since I was in the oncoming lane I had to make the move. So, having the brass ballz that were bestowed upon me...I tried to gun it. So did he. We reached a point where it was head on into the bus, or back off. I backed off. So did he. So...I had to really hammer the binders on and throw out the anchor. I did.  My baby,my beautifull teal colored baby spun.  It did a 180,hit the curb,flipped over,slid on its roof for a while,then hit 1 steel pole...then another...then another...then slid out onto the 3rd hole of one of the most prestigious golf courses in Canada.Then...my roof caught in the soft primo turf and violently flipped again,doing 2 or 3 revolutions in the air(according to the golfers that were totally freaked) then it came down SMASH. Right on the roof. All the glass was shattered except for the passenger window.  So, smelling fuel pouring every where I decided to make a hasty exit. I clicked my seatbelt,fell to the ROOF,slid over an' kicked out the window.  Crawled out,jumped up(scarring the absolute krap outa the aged golfers... I think they felt I was some sort of demon sent from hell) and started swearin' like...well, like only I can do.
 It gets better. The tourist bus was chocka block full of japanese tourists who all got out and started taking pictures.
 When the cops arrived,they were fuggin' pissed right off.

THAT I WAS STILL ALIVE.      seriously. They were mad.

They wondered how any body could have survived let alone come away unscathed in such a violent crash.

THX MJN...it was a '71  real yummy too.  I'm actually gonna try an' find another..

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "MJN reminded me of the year"|1136686071 -->

Back