I made a DECISION

Smoke_Dog

Registered
I've finally made the decison to stretch the BUSA! I'll get you some pictures by next week! Also, should I go back to stock sprockets or keep the 16/42? Here's what she looks like now!

IM000274.JPG

If you are stretchin it, no reason to go down in the sprocket.............if anything go bigger!

Can't wait to see pics, never been much for chrome and pumpkins, but your's is the rare exception, She sure is pretty.
smile.gif

Don't make the front smaller.. if anything go better in the rear.. Chain binding is bad. kills sprockets, chains and it can even kill you if it breaks
sad.gif

-1 in the front is like +2 1/2 in the rear I beleave. 17/45 is the same and will also give a backass over size rear sprocket look.

I just ordered my NYC 4-6 bolt-on 3 days ago from ebay. I would like to see your pictures aswell.

I may be stretchin my punkin this winter also. How much you going? I'm going 4 over.
smile.gif

Definately keep the 16/42! I would recomend that you go back up in the front to a 17 tooth to prevent excess wear in the chain from tight binding like gsxrme said. Since you are stretching the wheelbase it will require more torque to bring the front end up so you can get by with a taller rear sprocket like a 45 tooth without having the front wheel in the air all the time!! What I don't know is that if you stretch a busa and it reduces the amount of weight on the tire, this will result in poor traction and then you may need to go back to a 42 or stock. Surely someone will know this answer, I personally have never been around a stretch bike. Hope this helps!

I stretched mine with extensions,I changed back to stock gearing since the turbo.I'll be posting pics as soon as I get my arm from Daniel.:)

no extensions in my book,can't even tell you one thing about them.I will stay stock or save till i can buy a arm.....

NJ you will be happy when it's all said and done,you won't beat it with a stick.

Definately keep the 16/42! I would recomend that you go back up in the front to a 17 tooth to prevent excess wear in the chain from tight binding like gsxrme said. Since you are stretching the wheelbase it will require more torque to bring the front end up so you can get by with a taller rear sprocket like a 45 tooth without having the front wheel in the air all the time!! What I don't know is that if you stretch a busa and it reduces the amount of weight on the tire, this will result in poor traction and then you may need to go back to a 42 or stock. Surely someone will know this answer, I personally have never been around a stretch bike. Hope this helps!
it definitely creates less traction the further back you go. I highly doubt you would have a problem with a stock bike.

I know some people have a few problems with a turbo and going 4 over or more.

Man that is a really nice looking bike you got there and I am quite fond of the color.
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to see the Busa stretched!!

Never been a big fan of stretchin' the Busa (or other bikes for that matter). I can see why for track use and stuff, but not for everyday ridin'. Just my $.02.

Back