Painting stock cans...

HT_USMC

Registered
I don't want to replace my stock cans yet, however, I don't like the plain grey look.

Is there any thermal/heat resistant paint with a blue finish I could use on them? Is there any way to mix the paint I need?

It's not a big deal but with winter upon me, I'd like to crank this out if I can.

Thanks in advance,

HT

Maybe the engine enamel type paint you can get at autozone. it will hold up to the heat.

Maybe the engine enamel type paint you can get at autozone.  it will hold up to the heat.
engine paint or brake calipers paint. they do have blue just like stock busa...

well, close enough..
smile.gif
I painted mine long time ago and they hold great.

Very light coat looks like anodizing. Put paint can in hot water for 5 minutes before spraying...

lots of engine paint and high heat paint at pep boys engine is good for 500 degrees high heat paint is like 1200 deg the stock cans dont even get close to those temps and they come in spray cans, just scuff the cans up and spray away !
biggrin.gif

Yeah. I used that paint on a model of a 71 dodge charger because it is the only type I could find that was that lime green color. looks pretty good on the model
biggrin.gif

i mean its a soft paint.... anything touches against it it wants to chip. its not THAT bad but it sucks when its noticable! if its not flawless, and its yours, you tend to care!

yea powder coating would be best. engine paint even comes off under high pressure like pressure washing.... i pressure washed my old motor and sure enough, the paint slowly disappeared.

Back side...
This was a durability test for the new powder... month later no scratches yet.. see a little ding on right low corner?
Powder hold great.

IMG_0122.JPG

Back