Baby's first Dyno

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
I was pleased by this.  Never dyno'd the bike before.  It has no mods except for the slip on RS-3 pipe and a K&N filter.

167 hp, 198 mph.

Cool!

--Wag--

<!--EDIT|Wag
Reason for Edit: "Clarity."|1133889489 -->

Busa_Dyno.jpg

Those numbers look great what year is your bike?
What were your torque numbers?

damn WAG. Those are pretty good numbers for just a slip on and K&N. Where did you Dyno?

very nice #s !! And yes silver and grey is fast but , the red LE is faster ! (I know I own both
tounge.gif
)

look at the runs the only ones with spikes is the red (167)all the rest are about right for a slip on about 161. a real pull is like the blue are
the shifting causes false spikes like in the red graph

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133904180 -->

look at the runs the only ones with spikes is the red (167)all the rest are about right for a slip on about 161. a real pull is like the blue are
the shifting causes false spikes like in the red graph
Johnny wins the prize. That's what the tuner guy said, too.

He said the spikes to 167 are during the shifting run ups. What he prefers to use are the roll on HP numbers, the 161, as you said.

Dang. You HAD to spoil it all!

LOL

--Wag--

By the way, that dyno was done at the annual Toy Ride on Saturday. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was the highest HP of the day out of all the bikes dynoed.

biggrin.gif

Even compared to the 161 curve.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

good show.....it's a healthy bike....and there's nothing more generous than a "portable" dyno.
wink.gif

Just for fun, we dyno'd the wiff's 2004 GS500F.

Here's her map!

--Wag--

GS500_Dyno.jpg

161. Now thats more reasonable for slips and filter. But still really GOOD #'s. Did you derestrict via TRE or GPS mod? you did mention the bike hit 198 on the dyno.

161. Now thats more reasonable for slips and filter. But still really GOOD #'s. Did you derestrict via TRE or GPS mod? you did mention the bike hit 198 on the dyno.
yeah most busa could do that WITHOUT wind resistance

factor in the actual AIR needed to go through and it will drop over 10+ mph I bet

Back