After thoughts on the zx14 from the bike show

neeley

Donating Member
Registered
I really had High hope for this Bike. Ive had many kawa's in the past and still like them. When I sat on the one at the bike show, I was not impressed. The first thing I noticed was that the suspension was very soft for a bigger guy. I even tightened up the front forks and it felt as if i could bottom them. Second the feel was just not right. I felt like i was sitting way to high for the motorcycle. It was very much not comfy. I dont like the seat at all felt like a post. I think they must have used a smaller japanese guy to build the bike around. It just wont work for the 6' and 250lbs type of guy.

Picture017.jpg

Remember this is just my opinion that I wanted to share.

I thought it looked better in person , but I still don't like the grills or the exhaust.

Looks like Kawi's got another 2nd place bike on their hands for a couple of reasons! Go get em Zook on the 07's, you beta!
cool.gif

That's one of the first pics of the bike where I though, "Not too bad". Still trying to figure out who came up with the whole grill scheme?

It felt also like you had to lay to far extended. Like doin the old lady missionary....style

<!--EDIT|neeley
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133920776 -->

I can't stand to look at it anymore. It looks like Kawasaki hired the same guy who designed the Star (Yamaha) roadliner. Same gills man I swear!

star06_rdlnr_std_oarf_xl.jpg

That's one of the first pics of the bike where I though, "Not too bad".  Still trying to figure out who came up with the whole grill scheme?
I heard the grills are necessary to maintain the dinamic balance required to sustain control of the bike once a BUSA flies by it at hyper speed. Of course, it will use all that wasted momentum from the busa's pass and collect that energy within the grill thus providing the power to at least reach the busa. It will then, release the remaining energy in a kind of electro magnetic mass altering pulse that will knock the wind out of the busa for a few instants thus allowing it to jump ahead and stay there.
Again, that is what they told me. I will find out for sure on the street!!!
jim
wink.gif
blues.gif
alien.gif

I din't like it before the release and I still don't like the ZX14. It is a nice effort but not enough. Can't wait to see what the 07 will do to the already second place ZX14?
smile.gif

The picture of the bike on the screen (top right) looks better than the actual thing. Horrible exhaust, and the grill has to go.
sad.gif

Ye, thier front end design is a little on the shaky side for sure.

Back