We have liftoff!

FLYYYYYYYYY BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
AAAssjani.gif

For those of us who have frequent flyer miles, isn't it funny how everything is in slow motion until you hit the ground.
No sh1t!  My son and I were t-boned (in a car) by a cell phone distracted young woman earlier this week.  From the moment I saw her heading toward my door to the moment she struck must have been a fraction of a second, but time seemed to stretch and everything played out in slow-mo.

Thankfully, we weren't hurt.  We were in a Volvo, side airbags went off.  The real twist in the story is that were test-driving the car from a dealer.  Even though the other driver was at fault and was ticketed (blew through a red light), we had some 'splainin' to do back at the dealership!

Here's a pic I took with my phone at the scene:

<!--EDIT|A'Busa'd
Reason for Edit: "added pic"|1133735879 -->

11_28_05_1551.jpg

For those of us who have frequent flyer miles, isn't it funny how everything is in slow motion until you hit the ground.
No sh1t!  My son and I were t-boned (in a car) by a cell phone distracted young woman earlier this week.  From the moment I saw her heading toward my door to the moment she struck must have been a fraction of a second, but time seemed to stretch and everything played out in slow-mo.

Thankfully, we weren't hurt.  We were in a Volvo, side airbags went off.  The real twist in the story is that were test-driving the car from a dealer.  Even though the other driver was at fault and was ticketed (blew through a red light), we had some 'splainin' to do back at the dealership!

Tell the salesman you were testing the air bags for safety reasons.... you were test driving the car...
tounge.gif

Yeah, it is amasing how you can see what it coming but you just can't move fast enough.

Well did you buy it?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

glad no one was hurt. i was test driving a new jeep and got t-boned by a dump truck taking a shortcut. those jeeps are so dayum tough

Back