A PASHNIT ride through Central California!!

Alan's BMW R1100S

Img_8840-BMW.jpg

Photo Tip: Big difference between these two pics has to do with the angles at which the photo is taken. The second one shoots the side view of the bike squarely head on. But it doesn't really grab you by the throat.

The first photo above though makes great use of the shadows that fall on the curves of the bike with this type of lighting. The sun is very low and behind me. So standing slightly off angle, zooming the lens all the way, (camera at level with the axles) and making sure I've got the shadows on the bike, I can take the pic and generate something really spectactular like the one above!

Img_8851-BMW.jpg

She's got great curves! Here's a 2nd attempt to get a great shot of a tail section. It's not just Frank's R1, but also the BMW has some great lines.

Img_8841-bmw.jpg

The Triumph Tiger

Img_8847-Tiger.jpg

Of course, gotta thrown in a photoshoot of the Hayabusa!! This is Hayabusa.org after all.
biggrin.gif

Img_8865-Bikes.jpg

Photo Tip: Check out the colors you can get with that evening light. This is right before the sun drops below the horizon. If you're out riding all day like we are, as the sun begins to set, stop when you have a chance and snap a few to see what happens. You might be surprised at just how different the photography looks.

Img_8834-busa.jpg

This type of lighting is a favorite of photographers, and the darling of motorcycle magazine photo shoots.

Img_8835-busa.jpg

A bit of cropping, and viola... Legendary Hayabusa Photography!

Img_8835-Busa3.jpg

Taking several angles... Of course! Note those Fairing Grills & Race Ready custom painted dash panels.
idea.gif

Img_8833-Busa.jpg

Pashnit

Img_8858-Busa.jpg

Last edited:
Also figured I'd get a shot of the custom Tobin Seat.

Tobin, you rock! Great seat even for long 300 mile days like today.

Img_8854-tobin.jpg

From above...

Img_8856-tobin.jpg

Last edited:
Finally, the sun hits the horizon & it's time to ride Tepesquet Rd with just enough light to see this thrilling ribbon of chocolate ahead of us.

Img_8869-Clouds.jpg

The road ahead - our ride will take us up and over that mountain range in front of us! And brand new pavement!!

Img_8870-Tepesquet.jpg

Afterwards it was off to Mo's Authentic Hickory BBQ in San Luis Obispo. Time for some Ribs! (This is actually just using a mini-tripod, and shooting the picture on auto. If I actually knew what I was doing, I get some blurred car lights in there or something.)

Img_8875-Moe.jpg

Our 3rd, and last day of our ride found us headed back up the Pacific Coast on Highway 1.

Bob says he & the Triumph Tiger are ready to ride.

Dscf0042-bob.jpg

After all that fog on Friday, today was crystal clear! Nearing San Simeon is the beach with all the seals. Cavorting, snorting, playing, and especially sleeping, they've taken over the beach, and it's a great place to stop (just south of Ragged Point).

Img_4483-seals.jpg

(Rest of these pics Bob took)

We had to stop by the seals one more time

Img_4486-Ocean.jpg

Img_4500-Seals.jpg

Bob also took some shots of what was left of our group - Patrick had to unexpectently head back to the Bay Area early so it was just us!

Img_4487-Group.jpg

The Pacific Ocean - this photo uses a polorizing filter which changes the colors a bit you can see. Just a beautiful area!

Img_4491-ocean.jpg

Bob took this - can do fun things with a good zoom

Img_4502-bird.jpg

Img_4491-ocean.jpg

A few miles north, here's the scene at Ragged Point. Classic Big Sur scenery - you can see Hwy 1 high above at top right.

Img_4504-BigSur.jpg

Ayumi approves! This was her second motorcycle tour with us, and it was a great pleasure to show her around California!

Img_4508-Ayumi.jpg

Highway 1 - Big Sur as seen from Nacimiento-Ferguson Rd, which we decided to take in the great views, this time without the fog!

Img_4519-Hwy1.jpg

Bob also wanted to get some pics of the Pashnit Hayabusa & it's pilot for his article he was working on about the tour in an upcoming issue of City Bike.

Img_4526-Pashnit.jpg

He also wanted some ride photos, so we tried out a magazine-style photo shoot for him doing a couple passes.

Img_4527-Pashnit.jpg

Pashnit Riders

Img_4528-Pashnit.jpg

Back