Need Advice

Lucky34

Registered
I had a little slip-up a few days ago, and I need advice on what to do about the damage to the fairing. It didn't get damaged TOO bad, but I'm not sure if I should A) try and fix it myself, B) have a shop fix it for me, or C) just get a new one. How much is a new right fairing? and where can I buy one? Also, any idea about how much a shop would charge to fix it? Here's a pic of the damage:
luckily nothing else was really damaged... the mirror broke, but "Vic_E55_2001" was nice enough to send me another one free of charge!
smile.gif
(thanks)

IMG_1214_small.JPG

e-bay for a new fairing, or it's easy to fix,replacing it would be a faster fix. get your frame sliders in!

A new one will cost you between 4 and $500. A shop will probably charge you around $400 to fix it, so to me its easier to get it new. GoldenChild (Dan) or StreetnTrack (Charles) can hook you up with a new one.

new fairing at ron ayers .com i think it was like 455 ? or check out ebay ? mess with a body shop you have to worry about color natch , graphics lining up , and the hope that they repaired it right ! all of which a qualified body shop should be able to do , but i imagine to repair repaint , that it would be the same if mot more than a oem replacement . i saw a couple posts on wreched o5s couple black and red , maybe one went down on the left side and the right fairing is mint ? good luck

Buy new replacement. That's what I'm gonna do.

You can buy them brand new from someone like Kathy for under $400 to your door. I would just bolt that up and it will be like brand new again. It takes about 15-minutes to change a fairing...
wink.gif

Have you taken the plastic off to see if there is any damage under?? That would be my guess and DO NOT take it to a dealer to fix. It doesn't look like you really have any big damage from what I can see.

Buy a new one and use that old one to practice your frame slider cutting skills.

I kind of wanted to hang the old one on a wall or something... to remind me of the lesson I learned before I go riding every time...
Thanks for the info... I'll start shopping around for a new one
smile.gif

I kind of wanted to hang the old one on a wall or something... to remind me of the lesson I learned before I go riding every time...
Thanks for the info... I'll start shopping around for a new one
smile.gif
No, hang another new one one the wall to remind you that you will go down again.

Dont let it get you down man, everyone that rides goes down...the more you rides the better your chances of going down are.

Its part of riding, learn to accept it..it will make it easier.

I ride alot and I ride agressively ...at this rate I am guaranteed to go down again... the question is when and to what extend the damages will be.
I try to leave alot of room for error and I try to use my best judgement but usually when it comes down to it, the difference between keeping the bike up and going down are so close that its really luck that determines what happens.

Use your head and ride smart and you can deter the next one but no matter what you do you cannot stop it from happening again....parking the bike is the only for sure way but then your missing out on so much fun.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Yeah... It got me really down, but I'm fine now...
It's wierd because I ride REALLY aggressively... and the one time I was just making a slow 10mph right turn, the rear wheel just flies off to the side.... I'm glad it happened like that and it when doing 100mph+ on a curve lined by trees...

There's 2 kinds of bikers... those that have gone down, and those that will... and I already did, so I don't have to worry anymore
smile.gif

Might actually be able to get it sanded down and repainted if you don't have any cracks in it. Check with a body shop to be sure.

Back