The old GS 1100 is no more

Relsek

Registered
My daughter got her first car today and called her brother (Brian Kesler) to come over and see it. About 5 minutes later we get a phone call, Brian had been in a wreck on his bike, so we drove up to the scene to find this.

tn_100_4241.JPG

As he was heading south, this northbound car made a left turn in front of him. She said she didn't see him. Although both witnesses in the cars behind her had no trouble seeing him.

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130723326 -->

tn_100_4253.JPG

This is where his helmet hit the windshield. The witnesses said he flew over the car and landed on his head in the grass. (that is the driver of the car in this photo)
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130723362 -->

tn_100_4242.JPG

I hope in the next couple of pics or posts you say Brian was okay! Head impacts are always rough.

Praise the Lord he was wearing all his gear, he was taken to the Emergency room on a stretcher, final outcome, he had a piece of glass in his eye which was easily removed and he has a scratch on his nose. Also a little scrape on his wrist.

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130723422 -->

tn_100_4255.JPG

His Lovely Mrs. Kesler showing the helmet as we left the hospital and went to Chili's to celebrate living another day.

Kevin

tn_100_4261.JPG

Thanks everyone! Once again, proper gear has saved another life. I was only going about 3 miles away, some would say "its not that far, i dont need a lid", but as you can see, it doesnt matter where you are or how far youre going. Just goes to show that it doesnt matter how good of a rider you are, its everyone else you have to watch out for.

Damn, looks like a hard hit. Glad all turned out ok. I had a 82 GS 1100e . It got taken out the same way. It was the one with the big headlight on them. The kind that you always seen at the drags. The lady was a female cop late for work and cut right in front of me in a 4 way intersection. Said she didn't see me.I hit the right front fender and cleared the car. After I hit the ground and relised I was ok.I was pissed. I just finished a total rebuild of the motor and repainted it. Suzuki calls it candy fancey maroon. It looked sweet. Then it was stuffed under the car. O well ,I came out ok .Just short a bike.

Back