Lets Talk Tires

sidebusa

Registered
What rear tire are you using and what kind of results with it. I am torn between Shinko and MT for rear. Bike is lowered 2 inches, 4 inch swing arm extension, 16/42 gearing. Will be adding Brock Gen 3 exhaust, K&N filter and Power Commander soon. I will ride about 50 miles per week on the street but bike is going to live on the drag strip most of the time. I weigh 210 suited up. First time at strip with lowered 2 inches and 16 tooth sprocket all else stock (including tire) Best ET 10.52 best MPH 139.02. Thanks for your comments.

If you ride on the street at all you do not want the Mickey, you might get 2 weeks out of it. I would suggest either the regualr Shinko R003 or the new Shinko Ultra Soft. I run the regular R003 and it works absolutely great for my needs, which like you is mostly drag strip and a couple of miles a week on the street.
cool.gif

yeah, don't put the mickey on the street. go with the shinko. if you add big horse power and stretch it out then go with the mickey. since you are draging go with a BMC Race air filter.

The Shinko will last much longer than the Mickey. The Shinko 003 cost around $100 + or - and the Ultrasoft hooks just as hard if not better than the Mickey and seem to have the same kind of tire life as the regular Shinko 003. The Ultrasoft run about $150 + or -

Get the Shinko, I bought the MT it did drop my 60 ft times (not by much) but can't justify the cost. I'll be buying the Shinkos from now.

Just bought me a new set of shinko ultra soft front and rear, cant wait to get them mounted.

<!--EDIT|N2O5O
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130507981 -->

000_0073.jpg

Back