first mods

CMEPASU

Registered
Ok, this one will be confusing. I got a new 05LE a few weeks ago and other than removing the warning labels it's stock. The time has come to get a pipe, etc. The dealer is cutting me a deal on the exhaust system because there was a big scratch on the left can when I bought it. I haven't decided which exhaust yet other than that it's going to be a full system. The dealer is pushing the carbon fiber Yosh, but I didn't like the sound. I'm leaning towards the HMF dual high mount. I know that I need a power commander as well, but which one? Do I do the block off plates the same time as the exhaust or afterwards? What about the k&n vs. bmc air filters? Anything else I need as part of this package?
I'm also going to get ss brake lines and upgraded pads as well, leaning towards the galfer lines and ebc pads.
Is there an undertail made that retains the stock tail light assembly and turn signals? I haven't been impressed with the ones that I've seen top gun, etc. I'm probably going with the clear alternatives tail light but I also want to get rid of that crap over the rear tire.
Does the service manual on cd that I've seen posted here apply to the 05 as well, if not where can I get one?
I know there are a few questions here but I want to get these handled all at once......until next time
smile.gif

Thanks in advance...pics will follow upon completion

Akrapovic with carbon can... or Brock Hindle with Ti can... PCIIIR... Do block off plates when you do the exhaust, while the header is off... Stay with stock air filter for street riding... Do a 43 tooth rear sprocket with the full exhaust and you'll be glad you did.
wink.gif
... Galfer lines alone would probably be plenty unless you're ridin' track or racin'... PM BigBSBusa and get the ordering info for the undertail he put on "midnight". It's exactly what you're lookin' for... And most of the shop manual that is online should apply, like torque specs and such. The only things that have really changed on the busa since that manual was made was graphics
wink.gif
... And get those damned pics up. I'm beginning to think you didn't really get a busa...
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

OK lets start on the exhaust 1st....if your looking to stay with the dual system the HMF's make the most power,sound good and look good. If you're looking for a single system the most hp from my research come from the T-force sumo followed by in no particular order Akro, Arata, BDE/Hindle and Tsukigi.
2nd....for your bike PC3 or 3r will do the trick.
3rd....yes get the blockoff plates and remove the PAIR
4th.......Do at least a small box mod(search feature)
5th......keep your stock filter....after extensive testing at BDE the stock filter allowed more air thus more power.
6th .....Galfer ss lines with the ebc hh pads are the brake upgrade
7the.......Motorhead (sh.org)has a great undertail which retains the stock light assembly

All of the above is IMO so I hope it helps anf please post some pics
cool.gif

thanks for the replies, still wasn't happy with the undertail situation so i'm going to butcher it myself first. I drove over to Clear Alternatives yesterday and got the integrated board and took off the turn signals.
Can the dealer be trusted to install the exhaust or can I tackle that myself?

you can do the exhaust by yourself if you have all the tools and time. hmf duals would be a good choice, but it depends on how you ride if you want to lose more weight. have a good sale on brake lines and pads if you are still interested. if you can get a pc3r go that way, but if not get the pcusb. if you are going to do motor work you might thing getting the plug in to retard the timing. you should also go with the bmc race airfilter and when you do the exhaust us the block offs. also think about getting a tre before you map it.

The FIRST mod to do is the kickstand mod!......oh, and put some loctite on the shifter!

you can do the exhaust by yourself if you have all the tools and time. hmf duals would be a good choice, but it depends on how you ride if you want to lose more weight. have a good sale on brake lines and pads if you are still interested. if you can get a pc3r go that way, but if not get the pcusb. if you are going to do motor work you might thing getting the plug in to retard the timing. you should also go with the bmc race airfilter and when you do the exhaust us the block offs. also think about getting a tre before you map it.
So you have findings/results that go against what Brock says on the air filter?
rock.gif

every dyno we have done the bmc race has out performed the stock and k & n airfitlers.
Got sheets? How many hp?
rock.gif
Also, what about the info floating around out there about the "race" filters letting more dust and gunk into the motor? I say it ain't worth the risk and $$ unless you race for a living and *NEED* every single extra hp you can squeeze out of it to win races and $$$$. How many street riders can even feel the tiny differences an air filter might make in hp using the seat of his pants?
rock.gif
I just think an aftermarket air filter is all but wasted money for a street bike. That's all... I'd say a sprocket change would be a much more effective mod and for less money...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130042092 -->

rock.gif

Stock paper flows best.. A K&N with no oil flows well. Nothing flows better than no filter at all.
biggrin.gif

so BT will stop with the Busa envy here is my attempt at posting a pic.  Keep in mind that the only mod done in this pic is the warning labels are removed.  I have since removed the reflectors, added a clear alternatives integrated tail light, and since I couldn't find an undertail that I was happy with, I took a dremel to the fender/mud guard....

p.s.  don't know why the spot on the front fender looks red, I suppose it could be swamp gas refracting the light from Venus, or something from Area 51

later

DSC00102.JPG

p.s. don't know why the spot on the front fender looks red, I suppose it could be swamp gas refracting the light from Venus, or something from Area 51

later
Busa envy? Yeah... Oh, and that red on the fender is actually the true pink showing through. You know the busa is a chick bike, right?
laugh.gif

All kiddin' aside, nice lookin' ride, bro.
biggrin.gif

Back