A Fall Ride through Northern California- pics

Mountain Top Trees

IMG_8726-FR1-clouds.jpg

<!--EDIT|pashnit
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129182876 -->

After the descent out of the mountains down that wonderful Highway 36

IMG_8732-Hwy36.jpg

It was off to the hot tub, and a few beers at the Eel River Brewing Co next door to the hotel. ;)

Following morning arose with a heavy fog sitting mere feet over our heads. Love that coastal weather!! Again the secret to California weather, don't like it, just ride up an over the next hill. Once we arrived in the Avenue of the Giants along Highway 101 - all clear!! Never tire of these giant redwoods.

You know it's going to be a good day when it starts off like this. ;)

IMG_8735-Avenue.jpg

And this...

IMG_8742-Avenue.jpg

IMG_8757-busa.jpg

A little sense of scale - Steve & Ayumi dwarfed by a 30 story Redwood

IMG_8743.jpg

Chandelier Drive-Thru Tree in Leggett fits all our motorcycles!

IMG_8760-Chandelier.jpg

Why they call it the Chandelier Tree - it really looks like one at the top. Did I mention that its nearly 300 feet tall. Not too shabby for a redwood!

IMG_8764-Chandelier-1200.jpg

After the 17 mile section of twistiness out to the ocean, which I'm beginning to think is definetely in the top 10 roads you must ride in California - it was back out to the ocean. No rain this time. I never stop there for photos in the middle of the ride. I should. One of these times I'll bring back a handful of pics of that ride. Seeing is believing though. Just one big lean angle - like nothing you've ever ridden. I promise.

Your average everyday road on a Pashnit Motorcycle Ride! More twists and turns than you've ever dreampt about!!!!

Hwy1-1-500.jpg

David rolling up on the SV650

IMG_8766.jpg

<!--EDIT|pashnit
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129182933 -->

Misty, foggy, cold - perfect Fall day on the California coastline !!

IMG_8767.jpg

Looks a lot like this

IMG_8771-coast.jpg

Steve's '82 Honda Seca 650- Steve has ridden this bike all over the United States.

IMG_8778-Seca.jpg

Great folks, good times, great roads!!

IMG_8752-group.jpg

biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|pashnit
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129182192 -->

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

<span style='font-family:times'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:tomato'>AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME</span></span></span>

Thanks for sharing Bro...

Post ##### much?
biggrin.gif

But no seriously, the few pictures my browser managed to load without choking were very nice. I may have to travel out there some time.

Incredible pics and captivating narrative as usual. Thanks for posting.
bowdown.gif

Awesome pics, Thanks for sharing. I would love to go on a journey like that.

...and now my day is complete
wink.gif

Thanks for the pics and the story. It's amazing to see what mother nature can provide. Awesome scenery Pashnit
cool.gif

Awsum pics!!!!! That will be a trip to book for next year!!!
drink.gif
drink.gif

drink.gif

<span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-family:courier'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!

I'm totally relaxed after seeing that.

Great pics.   Great narrative    Great job.</span></span>
</span>

Back