I guess it is my turn

diazj036

Registered
So I have been a member of the ORG since August 11th posting a couple of questions here and there.  I have been waiting to make several changes to my baby before introducing her and although she is not done, I figured after 2 months she was somewhat presentable.

I started riding in May of 04 after attending an MSF class.  I started out with something I figured was big enough to teach me a couple of lessons and keep me entertained for a while, a BUELL XB12R.  Great bike for what it is and I’m actually still very happy with it.

I have a bunch of buddies with the usual suspects R1, R6, 1000RR, GXSR 1000 and 750 and although all great bikes with beautiful lines, I was glad to jump back on the BUELL after taking them for a ride.

Then my buddy, Mr. Harley, showed up in the office with a black and silver 05 BUSA.  Until that point the only thing I knew about the HAYABUSA was that it was too big, fast and mean for me to be on it.  Then he handed me the keys……

Needles to say I had to have one before I even traveled a mile on it.  The size, power and smoothness are perfect for me.  For those that keep asking about the size and weight and being able to corner, I never felt as comfortable diving into a turn with the others as I do with the BUSA.  I have no issues keeping up with a pack filled with R1’s, GXSR’s and Duccati’s.

Funny thing about BUSA’s, people disregard my buddy on the BUELL and the other on the BMW but wait for me to wave them by before passing me. ;-)  I’ve had people almost get into wrecks giving me the thumbs up while driving down the road.  â€“ You guys might be used to these, it never happened on the BUELL—

OK, Long winded I know, Here she is “Beast†Mods:

1) Tank Pad
2) Stickers {I did leave some on and just have not had time to do the tank one
3) Reflectors
4) Tilted controls down
5) Yoshi R3 racing slip-ons (Would have gone with the HMF high but did not know about them) I like the dual look; I think it keeps the profile even and just love the sound.  I thought my neighborhood was not going to be happy with me, they actually ask me to crank it up for them.
6) PC-III – I’m having it dynode later at Motorcycle Clinic
7) Hacked the unnecessarily huge mud flap
8) Clear alternatives integrator left the red lens on/finished hacking the mud flap since the blinkers where gone
9) Steal braided brake and clutch lines {-- The single best change worth every penny and I would recommend to everyone – Whole different bike

I do plan on doing the fairing screens if I ever find the how to.  Help, I’ve searched and searched and just can’t find the how to.  Although I’ve gather enough from the others to where I think I can do it.

Sideviewbrightclose.jpg

congrats man! Welcome to the board! There is a wealth of information here...use it!

Be careful with that throttle...it wakes up when the buell gives up!

Do you still have your XB? Is it a firebolt or a lightning?

if I haven't already said it Welcome to the board. Good looking bikes
cool.gif

Nice mods. How about powdercoating the rearsets? The fairing screen mod is pretty easy just need to get the materials.

Welcome to the site of sites..
cool.gif

Very nice choice with your selection.. the '05 LE has slowly become one of my favorite models~ You've got a great start on your mods too~ Few more trips to the bank and you're gonna love 'er even more!
biggrin.gif

Nice bikes -
Here's a link to help you get started with the screens.....

Welcome!

If you don't wanna mess with cutting & forming the screens, a Board Member makes them:

Nice bikes ... I traded my Duc Monster for the '05 LE like yours. Doesn't the v-twin "rumbling" tire you out compared to the 'Busa?

after a month on the busa take the buell for a spin .it will be the last one it gets, cause you WILL be redlining it all day just to go cruising speed !!freegin busas are addicting and you wont be able to ride both !so get it in the paper now!!or send it to me ive got some real tight back roads up here !!!!

o5 Busa - The rumbilng is bad.....

Herm - I'm working up to them......

rob - after the first day on the Busa the only loving the Buell gets its warm ups so that the battery does not run down on me....  The Busa's are very addicting....

If the Busa and I make it back home in one piece next Sunday, I'll be riding the Draggons Tail on Friday, the Buell is going on the paper....

cool.gif

Back