Rear suspension almost maxed

GSXRme

Registered
<table style=filter:blur>---<span style='color:darkred'></span>UPDATE PROJECT COMPLETED READ ON FOR MORE PICS---</table>

2005 hayabusa
5100 Miles

I tighted my my rear suspension almost completely and some how but not so often, I keep having my tire eat into my undertail. Im scared my tire is finally going to grab my undertail and blow out my tail all together.

I did how ever lower my Busa 2.5 in the rear and 1 in the front.

Is there spacers I can put in the suspension to make it so No matter what it wont flex up to my undertail or what do I do?

The bike handles GREAT! insome cases better than stock settings, but the bottoming out is starting to scare me alittle.

stock swingarm is on the bike

Undertail link:
http://www.rumbleimport.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=83

<!--EDIT|GSXRme
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129392805 -->

Have you checked with I'm sure theres some better helpful info in that thread... By the way welcome to the Board and please do post pics
biggrin.gif

2.5" is alot for street riding. How heavy are you? have you adjust the compression or rebound settings of your rear shock?

You can revalve your rear spring... SOmeone was JUST selling one on this site for like 100-150...

It's kinda funny im only 155 Pounds .. and I own a Busa... alot of People call me insane due to my size.. and yes I have adjusted the rebound and all, but somehow It keeps doing it but not to often.

Cloud9 what is revalve rear spring? Can you show me a non Ebay or Ebay Selling?

the easy solution, is to raise the rear end. I know you like you 2.5" drop, but if it's causing damage, it's to low. I'm 160lb, and have 1.5" drop, the only time I've bottomed out, is with my wife on the back, and hitting a bad spot in the road. My spring is untouched, and I've gone +3 on compression and rebound on the rear. (I like the stiffer ride, but i'll probably adjust it less later)

Here ya go... Trust me this will fix the problem... ;) I have mine done as well... If you want to buy new, you can buy new at trac dynamics...

Okie doki.. all set...!!

Just 1 more question. I just put a Hypercoil 900 pound rear Spring on a stock @$$ ebay bought shock. Should I play with rebound or tighten the stock at all? Im not shur if theres anything else I need to do other from, put it on the bike.

DSCF0962.JPG

Overall I kept the rebounds on soft and didnt tighten down the coils at all, Then I had my 280 pound friend fly acrossed some train tracks "where I always botton out". Over all he did a 65mph pass over them 4 times and no problems.

The new shock feels better and controls like it was lifted to stock settings.

Stock ebay shock "$45"
Hypercoil 900 "$105"
Installing "FREE"

Back