plastic rivets

got2go

Registered
I've have read a few times now that some poeple are having problems with the plastic rivets on the busa/GSXR-1000. Do not try to peel them out...push the centerpin in a 1/4 " with a scribe or very small screwdriver first...then pull the whole thang out

I've have read a few times now that some poeple are having problems with the plastic rivets on the busa/GSXR-1000.  Do not try to peel them out...push the centerpin in a 1/4 " with a scribe or very small screwdriver first...then pull the whole thang out

that's pull not peel

great piece of advise...
beerchug.gif

I have another method, but not for the amateur. Will keep it to myself.
sarcasm.gif

And to think, when I first read this thread I couldn't imagine me needing to remove them before I got ready to do my paint job. Heh! I decided to snatch my rear reflectors today and whatta ya know? I had to pull the dang rivets to get the reflectors off. You dudes are lifesavers with all these tips and stuff.
super.gif

This site has saved me enough headaches to make my t-shirt order worth every dang penny!  
cool.gif

I dunno. Haven't looked for any yet. Some here say they got replacements from Home Depot. Don't know if they're the same rivet or just the same size, though. Maybe somebody that knows where to get 'em will weigh in soon.
cool.gif

I dunno. Haven't looked for any yet. Some here say they got replacements from Home Depot. Don't know if they're the same rivet or just the same size, though. Maybe somebody that knows where to get 'em will weigh in soon.  
cool.gif
I went to home depot cuz I dropped one of mine and couldn't find it....didn't have anything like them at my home depot....

I see that ron ayers has them 5 for $1.03
smile.gif

thx again to squirts for the rivet he sent me!!!

Just ordered a set from Ron Ayers and they are $1.19 each! Part# is 09409-06314-5PK.

They are about $1.30 at the Susuki dealer. I bought a dozen of the buggers.
Mad`
I second this.  I lost one while disassembling (found it later), went to the dealer, he only had six in stock so I took them all.

Replaced 2 of them already cause they were pretty bent up!

Damn, didn't see this topic is over 2 years old....LOL

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117121644 -->

I've have read a few times now that some poeple are having problems with the plastic rivets on the busa/GSXR-1000. Do not try to peel them out...push the centerpin in a 1/4 " with a scribe or very small screwdriver first...then pull the whole thang out
care to demonstrate how to reach the two pins in the front of the nose to access the under side of the headlight?

just looking for insight on this "thang"...
rock.gif

Back