Pacific Northwest

Has anyone heard from MJN?  I am assuming he is out of town or something...I have not gotten any PMs returned from him for several days and I have not seen him posting....hopefully he is ok.

Mike, how about we just set up a day trip for Labor Day weekend over Mt. Rainier, St. Helens or something?    I will be riding 2 up so no racing!
smile.gif

You set the route, just make sure its a long ride.
smile.gif

Id prefer Saturday or Sunday.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125068065 -->

smile.gif

Has anyone heard from MJN?  I am assuming he is out of town or something...I have not gotten any PMs returned from him for several days and I have not seen him posting....hopefully he is ok.

Mike, how about we just set up a day trip for Labor Day weekend over Mt. Rainier, St. Helens or something?    I will be riding 2 up so no racing!
smile.gif

You set the route, just make sure its a long ride.
smile.gif

Id prefer Saturday or Sunday.
There is a pretty good ride I know that begins in Enumclaw, goes through Eatonville, Elbe, Ashford, Skate Creek to Packwood, to Randle and south to Cougar taking us behind St Helens. An alternate route goesfrom Ashford through Mt Rainier Nat Park to Hwy 123 and to Hwy 12 to Randle and south. Takes a good hour and a half to do this depending on traffic in the park. From Cougar one can go west on Hwy 503 to I-5 and back north or double back. Doubling back can be shortened by about 30 miles by going from Randle to Morton and to Elbe, bypassing Packwood.

This is a full days ride. Most motorcyclists take Hwy 410 out of Enumclaw to Hwy 123 to Hwy 12 and west on 12 to Randle. Hwy 123 behind Mt Rainier is very rough and the traffic is usually terrible on the weekends. I prefer the first route. It has great scenery, twisty roads, (Orville road can be a bit bumpy as can Skate Creek) plenty of gas and places to eat. If time permits we can even take in Windy Ridge which has good twisties and road surface is good now. Was there about 6 weeks ago. They charge for parking unless you have a pass.

How's this sound? I can only make Sunday the 4th.

My brother, Rick, will be up from Houston and should be able to ride on Sunday. He's a serious long distance rider. He just did the lower 48 states, Mexico, Canada, and Alaska in 8 days 11 hrs and 35 minutes. He covered 9700 miles. He'll be on my 1800 Goldwing and I'll be on my 1500 Goldwing.

<!--EDIT|Mike the Cop
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125070149 -->

smile.gif

Sunday the 4th sounds good to me.  Im in .
smile.gif

Do you have a place in mind for breakfast and/or lunch?

Where would we meet and at what time?

I am in Bellingham so id want to be able to make it back home by 7-8pm or so.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125070629 -->

Sunday the 4th sounds good to me.  Im in .
smile.gif

Do you have a place in mind for breakfast and/or lunch?

Where would we meet and at what time?

I am in Bellingham so id want to be able to make it back home by 7-8pm or so.
8 am in Enumclaw.

Don't know of a place right now. Maybe someone on the list knows of a good breakfast place.

If we are on the road by 9am we should make Cougar by 12:30 to 1:30pm depending on our route and stops. We can have lunch at the restaurant in Cougar. Their food is not to bad and it's air conditioned.

<!--EDIT|Mike the Cop
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125071323 -->

Hey y'all! Just got back from vaca @ Wallowa Lake. I WILL be in town that weekend...Don't know if the better half has anything planned, but let me know what day you will be here...we can meet up to eat or maybe I can throw some burgers on the BBQ at my place!
If you need to know some places to stay...let me know, I'll help out anyway I can.

It'd be great to see some more members of the org!

Keep me posted!

The 4th sounds good. i need to get out and ride been working too much. where do we meet up? Enumclaw

Great ride, they are paving hwy 410 and parts of 123 right now.
Avoid Skate Creek it's in bad condition.
Windy Ridge is good going up, be careful on the down side, that where most of the bumps are.
Hope to see you on the 4th.

Here is the route that I like doing, but I skip the Skate Creek part now.
Travel Route
1. Meeting location Bonney Lake Starbucks, 8:15 to 8:30 am (Please fill your tank prior to arriving there are several gas station within a mile of this starbucks.)
2. Leave at 8:30 am head East on Hwy 410 to South Prairie Rd.
3. Right on South Prairie Rd to Hwy 162.
4. Right on Hwy 162 to Orting.
5. Left on Orville Rd stay on Oville Rd, left at intersection of Orting Kapowsin Hwy and Orville Rd E.
6. Left turn at HWY 161 intersection. You will be in Eatonville about 1. 5 miles
7. Left on to Hwy 7
8. Stay to the left on Hwy 706 East to Ashford.
9. About 1 mile out of Ashford take a left on Forest Service Road (FR) 52
10. Road turns into Skate Creek Rd. follow to Packwood, 23.1 miles.
11. Right at intersection of Hwy 12, heading West towards Randle 15 miles.
12. Left in Randle on Hwy 131, get gas here too, next gas 111 miles or 150 miles if we do Windy Ridge.
13. **About 1 mile road splits stay right to FR 25, 68.9 miles long(very important one to make)
14. Left onto Curly Cr. Rd . Northwoods, regroup, snack at Northwoods.
15. Right onto Meadow Cr. Rd which turns into Wind River Rd, 35.2 miles.
16. Follow to Carson at Intersection of Hwy 14 we go Left to White Salmon.
17. **We will have lunch in town of White Salmon.
18. Left on Hwy 142 head North to intersection of Glenwood Hwy.

Route Back Via Glenwood Hwy.
• Left off of Hwy 142 onto Glenwood Hwy 23.6 miles.
• Glenwood Hwy turns into Draper Spring Rd in Glenwood.
• A few blocks and Draper Spring Rd turn into Trout Lake Hwy.
• Travel Trout Lake Hwy 16 miles to Trout lake
• **Right to FR 23, next gas is 110 miles.
• Left FR 90 follow to FR 25. FR 23 & 90; loop is 47 miles.
• Then follow steps 14-12 in reverse.
• East on Hwy 12 to Hwy 123
• Left on Hwy 123.
• .Left on Hwy 410, Cayuse Pass.
• Once in Emunclaw we will break up.

Trip should be about 440 miles.
Allow about 8 to 10 hours.

Bold area’s are waiting points and locations for pulling the group back together.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125107960 -->

That looks like an awesome ride! So 8-10hrs? Is that if your just straight pushing it with a few breaks or?

Yeah, its actually too much for me since I am going to be going 2 up. Guess I am going to have to skip doing a group ride labor day weekend then.

If you guys want to put it off until later in Sept id be up to it then.

Also I am still open to going east to MJNs place....there are a few roads over there we can top out our bikes on.
devil.gif

It would be nice to get at least one more good long group ride together before the season is over.

Yeah, its actually too much for me since I am going to be going 2 up.  Guess I am going to have to skip doing a group ride labor day weekend then.

If you guys want to put it off until later in Sept id be up to it then.

Also I am still open to going east to MJNs place....there are a few roads over there we can top out our bikes on.  
devil.gif

It would be nice to get at least one more good long group ride together before the season is over.
Im there man, yes later in the month. TO MJN's

That would be fun!!!! Maybe we could do the Holdman RD that he sent me on last week. I'm sure he knows lots more areas as well!!!! I would probably make a two day ride out of it though.

I have a tentative ride to Oregon the weekend of the 10th and another commitment the weekend of the 23rd.

I'm in for this ride. My brother comes in from Houston Friday and should be rested up on Sunday. I've ridden it a few times and it is pretty good. I agree that Skate creek is in need of repair. May I suggest that at Elbe we follow Hwy 7 to Morton (17 miles) and turn east on Hwy 12 to Randle (15 miles) and south on SR 25/Hwy 131. It'll save us a little time.

Also, living in Yelm on the way back I may take Hwy 12 instead of Hwy 410. Depends on the time.

<!--EDIT|Mike the Cop
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125124001 -->

Back