Pacific Northwest

Sounds like a great ride but I've already got plans on labor day. How was your ride down the ridge BV? We had a blast going down !

Wish I could join ya guys. Not back on the road yet.
sad.gif

Enjoy it for me!

Labor Day is a possibility for me!!! Sounds like fun!!!! I just got back from 10 days and I'm already having scooter withdrawal!!! Can't wait to hit the road again!!!

SG, so where are you pics?
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Great, sounds like we have a ride, I contacted MJN to make sure he is going to be available one of those days.

Even if he is not then we can just tweak the plans and stay somewhere else other than the Tri-Cities...maybe Moses Lake or?

Mike, can you make it? If so feel free to tweak the plans to accomodate any better roads you might know of.

Pics will be forthcoming in the next couple of days. I don't have a digital camera right now so they are being developed.

Cool, I am looking forward to seeing them, hopefully you are in a few of them.
cool.gif

Tonight is the last night of Wednedsays at the strip, from what I understand they have been taking $5 and letting guys ride the road coarse all they want.
I may go, but Kent is a long ways away and id be in rush hour traffic thru alot of the ride unless I left really early.
wed_at_the_strip.jpg

Couple others and I, are heading up Windy Ridge in an hour, kind of a last minute thing. If anyone is in the Seattle area and want to go please PM me we can meet.

SG, so where are you pics?
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Great, sounds like we have a ride, I contacted MJN to make sure he is going to be available one of those days.

Even if he is not then we can just tweak the plans and stay somewhere else other than the Tri-Cities...maybe Moses Lake or?

Mike, can you make it? If so feel free to tweak the plans to accomodate any better roads you might know of.
I'm finishing up the trip report for our ride this past Sunday. I got busy and had to put the report off. I'll be sending it to Neeley so he can post it and will send it to the email addresses that were given to me at lunch.

Had a good time riding with you sport bikes and Hayabusas. Nobody got the "green grief" due to us observing the speed limit plus 5 mph. I was surprised at the terrible gas milage those sport bikes get.

My brother, Rick, will be up from Houston and we can only ride on Sunday. So don't plan on us.

I like riding Spiral road north out of Lewiston and also along the north side of the Snake river. If you get the time take Hwy 129 from Asotin which turns into Hwy 3 in Oregon and continues to Enterprise. From here you can head west back towards the Tri-Cities area or if you have the time head east through Joseph and take the Imnaha road. This is a fun ride and you can see some great scenery and if you have more time take in Hells Canyon. The road is good with lots of twisties and great scenery. The Mouth and I were there this spring before the visitor center opened.

Later,

Mike

Mike

Well we didn't make it too windy ridge had to bail out and did Mt Rainier instead. My buddy for some reason thought the cop waved him around and guess what after he passed him, he pulled him over. $66 ticket for passing in a no passing zone, think it was some sort of scam, but it cost us too much time.

DSC00484.JPG

Well we didn't make it too windy ridge had to bail out and did Mt Rainier instead. My buddy for some reason thought the cop waved him around and guess what after he passed him, he pulled him over. $66 ticket for passing in a no passing zone, think it was some sort of scam, but it cost us too much time.
I'd fight that ticket. You can pass in a no passing zone if you are waved around and it is safe to pass at the time you go around the vehicle.

You got nailed with a chicken s*** ticket.

Sorry it took me a couple of days longer to finish the trip report for the Sunday ride. I had two days of routers and firewalls to attend to.

I sent a copy of the trip report to the emails given me and a copy to Neeley. He can post it.

Had a good time riding with all the sport bikes. Wife and I found ourselves riding alone a good part of the time. I wonder if one of those Hayabusa motors will go into my Goldwing?

Mike

thanks Mike, nice job on the report, very well done in fact!

Yeah I guess when it comes down to it , it may not be all that fun to ride with sportbike riders unless you dont mind riding solo sometimes. Even all sportbike riders groups get broken up pretty heavily because the skill levels vary quite a bit between riders.

I for one very much enjoyed listening to you talk about your experience and road knowledge and I enjoyed riding with you...I hope we can do it again sometime.

I need a little fast time when I go out, I dont have to be balls to the wall the whole ride but I gotta get in a little bit of adrenaline flowing for at least awhile...hopefully I will grow out of it before it catches up to me but you know how that goes...it will probably catch up first then I will grow out of it.

Back