Anybody know anybody that would be interested?

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Okay guys, here's the thing. I'm tired of messing around with the fuggin bike. It runs well, but I'm burned out. I still need to straighten or replace the forks, and straighten the sub-frame.  

My mechanical knowledge isn't bad, but I'm tired. This whole process was a fuggin crazy ordeal, and I got screwed so bad...
mad.gif

So here's the thing, I'm either getting the forks straightened at Winnebagoland in Oshkosh or getting them replaced, and I'm getting the sub frame straightened (it's not bad, but slightly off kilter). The fairing stay is bent, but the body work fits, so I may not buy a new one...I'm not sure. After I do that, it's ready to be picked up, et cetera. I've got clean title in hand.

I put a Penske race shock on it that right now is sprung for about 185 (I sold the stock Showa shock), cleaned the carbs and K&N air filter, it has a stage one jet kit, I switched out the plugs, took the valve cover off and checked the cam and timing, it has Goodridge steel braided brake lines, a 520 DID race chain, right now it has Pirelli take offs on it and brand new Vesrah brake pads. The body work is rashed, and I have a brand new unpainted solo tail for it, and a used street tail. It is safety wired for the track (mostly prepped for the track).

I paid $3,000 for it as it was and got screwed. I'll never get back the money I've put into the damn thing and I hate even looking at it because of my experience. I'd like to get the $3,000 back out of it, sell it as is AFTER I get the front end straightened or replaced and the sub frame straightened. As I said, I'm not sure what I'll do with the fuggin fairing stay. A new one is $115.00, but, as I said, I got it with the stay slightly bent, and I couldn't tell it until I got the cowl off.

After I finish with it, it will be a great bike for somebody, just not me. It was supposed to be great bike for me, but I got screwed. It's a long, long story. Jim, you know all about it...Anyway, if anyone is interested, call me, email, or PM me. Feel free to take her for a ride, do what you need to, just don't crash her...  
crazy.gif
I'll have the forks done and sub-frame straightened within the next two weeks.

VIN: JH2PC350XYM104118
YELLOW AND BLACK 2000 HONDA CBR 600 F4
Mileage: 14, 274

If anyone is interested, I'm open to trade as well.

IF FORGOT TO ADD, I HAVE A CARBON FIBER MICRON EXHAUST AND BRAND NEW INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT FOR THE BIKE TO SEND ALONG AS PART OF THE SALE. THE STOCK EXHAUST IS BEING RUN ON THE BIKE RIGHT NOW. ALSO, I HAVE THE HARD COVER SERVICE MANUAL FOR IT.

Jason

Home: 920-966-3457

Cell: 920-290-2243

email: crzywthkids@msn.com

This is over in classifides as well...

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125964719 -->

Dam Jason
wow.gif
Sorry to hear you're trying to sell it after all the work you've done.

It's your choice, but honestly...Why not just take a break from it, regroup your thoughts, and then start out next season with your track bike? I know you're frustrated, and angry, as I would be too in the same situation, but if you just take a break over the winter, then I'll bet you'll be raring to go next year. Once you get that thing on the track, you'll forget all of the bullshid that you went through.

Good Luck Jason
cool.gif

BTW: Try posting it on www.nesba.com in the "Motorcycles" section.

how about some pics? The Fiance is still looking for a track bike for next year.
wink.gif

how about some pics? The Fiance is still looking for a track bike for next year.
wink.gif
Okay, Val. Hold on for just a bit here, I'll go take some. I've still got the fairings off, but I've mocked up the tank and solo tail. I put some pics up, though. I'll take some without the tank and tail as well. I've got a few from when I first tore it down that I'll post up now.

This is the street tail I painted...

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125952565 -->

000_0218.JPG

This is the bike taken down...

I was checking over the carbs and jetting, so, that is tin foil over the 4 carbs. That shock in the photo is the stock Showa. I switched that out with a Penske race shock.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125952741 -->

000_0234.JPG

That's the plastic. I'll post up some more of the plastics in a bit. I've got to get out to the garage...

000_0232.JPG

Bike with solo tail and tank on. I just mocked them quick, the plastics are not on as I need to adjust the forks and so forth...pics of the plastic are above. If anyone wants individual pics let me know. Trust me, they are rashed. They are not perfect.

000_0256.JPG

Another shot...note the tail is a bit higher. I have race shock in the bike now, not stock. It is set up a bit higher.

000_0260.JPG

This is the Penske shock I put in the bike. I have the service manual for the shock as well...

F4_penske_shock.jpg

Back