Tonight Is the NIGHT!  Busa Vs. Cobra

No Quarter

Registered
I've been wanting to get this race set up for awhile. The problem lies in finding a guy you trust to ride your bike and or drive your car at very very high speeds. Well my bro from across the pond is the guy. We both work for the same company and I met him in Iraq a few months back. not a bad guy for a limey. And while posessing no ability at all to hold down alcohol or score with the women. The dude can ride. I guess at least that means his priorities are straight. You have to love a guy that when gun fire bursts out from you don't know where. He just looks annoyed. Meanwhile I'm grabbing cover and readying my weapon.

But anyways. My friend Aaron will be riding the busa on a lonesome "closed course private facility in mexico" stretch of freeway late tonight. And we will see if the Busa can pull my 99 mustang cobra. I know it cant beat it in a 1/4 mile. But I'm curious if the bus can take the sanke up on the big end.

Here's the deal. 2000 hayabusa (99 black and silver bodywork) akra pipe, pcUSB, tooth down, tre) pretty much a stock bike.

The snake is a 318 billet motor, ford GT heads (the super car, not the mustang GT) sheet metal intake. Twin GT35R turbos, stand alone engine managment, etc ... etc ... She's my baby and in the pursuit of 1000+ rwhp - no exspense was spared. She makes good power and she is VERY streetable. And, she MOVES!

So tonights the night. Can ANYTHING beat a busa up on the big end? Especially a little ol rustang on street tires! Vid to come this evening. I'm putting my money on the bus. Simply because of the drag issue (as in co-efficient of drag).

Place your bets. Here some snaps of the bike. I'll put some of the car up as well if you want.

New Undertail

Repair Center

Tuning Station (damn i need my own dyno)

I'm going with the stang,wish I was there to drive it! Post up pics please, I'm getting a Hellion kit from John Urist!
smile.gif

NICE! Thanks for sharing this event
smile.gif
We look forward to the results!

How long of a stretch is it?

Doesn't the Busa have quite a bit more drag than the Mustang? I think the big end is where the car really starts to have an advantage. Because it has less drag...

The bike will win, you're gonna need more than 1000 hp to take down a Busa.

I had an undertail like that one and didn't really like it as much as some others I've seen, after I had mine installed of course. shyt!

Nice bike though.

<!--EDIT|Lota Fun R
Reason for Edit: "because I'm a dumbass."|1125185953 -->

A bit off topic.....but..."No Quarter"?? You a Robert Plant or Jimmy Page fan?

<!--EDIT|doodoggy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125188086 -->

Yeah I like the undertail too, who makes that one? I'm jealous as hell of your garage......nice!!

Back