Age Old Busa Debate

Age Old Busa Debate - TO CHROME or Not TO CHROME!!

• Chrome

Votes: 95 99.0%
  • No Chrome

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Polish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just wax it and ride BEEYOTCH!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, chrome is too much $$ and I don't want to spend the time polishing my bike, I'd rather just ride and keep the stealthy look.

The only thing you may want to check is if they do the chroming there or send it out. Why pay a middle man if you can go direct. AS I understand it there are not that many actual chrome platers in the country.

Took me a long time to respond to this thread.  Too many opinions and ideas floating around for me, but now is the time.  I believe everyone should do what they want to their bike(s), as others have said, because its theirs.  I will probably do some of it all.  Chroming, polishing, and powdercoating (not doing the titanium though!biggrin.gif ).  Want it to be different, but either way I will still call it my own and ride around like a happy SUMBEEYOTCH!biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092219656 -->

biggrin.gif

I just met Harbor Area Busa....his bike is bad-arse.....The pic above does his ride no justice. I want chrome now!!!

Agree with Revlis about the coatings on guns. They make some awesome (forgive me) bullet proof finishes. But, a whole bike might be reaaaly expensive.

Me, just wax and ride. When I bought this bike, the thing I had in mind was to have something really fast that didn't need any mods to be that way. I spent a lot of years wrenching and modding Sportsters -- if you want to see chrome look at some of those things -- or gold. Bling NOT! for me. Hell, the rear fender is fine for me. The only body work I've done is to take the stock plastic plate holder off, sand it, and paint it flat black to get rid of the dealer name. Dealer advertising on my bike NOT!

It's all in what turns YOU on. If you like doing mods do it. As for me, it looks fine the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back