blown engine? shot brakes?

eynlai

Registered
Just got home like 20 minutes ago tonight after meeting up with BusaHaya in Lakewood to see if CharlesBusa is okay from going down today.

Just as I made a right turn into my street, mid turn there was a sudden ugly sound. As I continued to gas the throttle, I hear a whirling sound. Went up as I accelerated, down in pitch when I slowed down. I stopped to inspect the front. That's where the noise was definitely coming from, but I don't see anything wrong in the dark. Could it be the rotor?

Don't know. In my mind, I'm like, "man, I'm glad I got the extended warranty. what if it's a blown engine? Bad crank bearings??".

After I shine the lamp, on it, and inspect the front wheel cover... I see a wire! a coat hanger? a really thick one caught in the wheel well?

Proceeded to pull it out.

Photo_080905_001.jpg

After about 10 minutes of twisting it, bending it, begging it. I finally got it out! It's not a coat hanger at all. It was those retainer wire rings from the inside of those crappy plastic hub caps from a car.

Photo_080905_003.jpg

Bro you had me going there for a minute, thought you were going to be without a ride for a while... Anyways glad you were not hurt from that little booger

seemed okay physically except for the nasty raised bruising on his left hip bone. Mentally, don't know, he didn't have time for more than a quick "how are you doing?", "I'm okay" chat. He had to keep his front door closed due to his big dog behind the door, probably his big dog drew him and his attention back inside. From the way he was distracted and hurried, I'm guessing his dog behind the door was a b*tch (female dog).

Busahaya really knows him well.

Busahay, did he call you?

Was the front rim damaged
rock.gif
no obvious damage, not even any of the fins in the radiator. Seems it just literally "wrapped" itself around the front tire. I'm sure there's scratches in the tire cover, but I can't see those, so out of sight, out of mind.

So did Charles call? Or do you think his dog is still keeping him tied up?

Was the front rim damaged
rock.gif
no obvious damage, not even any of the fins in the radiator.  Seems it just literally "wrapped" itself around the front tire.  I'm sure there's scratches in the tire cover, but I can't see those, so out of sight, out of mind.

So did Charles call?  Or do you think his dog is still keeping him tied up?
He has not called, just glad he's ok, at least from the looks of things.

Back