Frame sliders

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Someone tell me about frame sliders. Who makes good ones and how hard are they to install?

Vortex,lochart/philips...very easy to install. Do a search on this site.:)

I have Shogun's on my gixxer. Their are many styles and brands out there. They are a great asset to have on your bike if for some reason it goes down. They are relatively easy to install, just a couple of bolts. They will come with instructions.

Thanks, seems like a worth while item.
cool.gif

I have Euro Racing sliders, they don't look the best but they function the best. They don't dig into the ground so there's less chance of your bike catching and then flipping.

You will have to cut holes in your fairing. There are several ways to do this, check the slider posts on the board for details.

Just be advised they probably won't save your plastics from getting damaged, but they will keep your engine parts(stator & clutch covers) from damage. Just depends how you go down and at what speed.

how 'bout them long ones? Who know what those long sliders are? I think they were Shogun sliders, but I'm not too sure.

Anyone?

Charlesbusa
SoCal Busa

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:3.35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just be advised they probably won't save your plastics from getting damaged, but they will keep your engine parts(stator & clutch covers) from damage.  Just depends how you go down and at what speed.  [/QUOTE]

Listen to the man ! You can ride home with damaged plastic but not with a busted leaking stator or clutch cover.  
Also to be on the safe side get a heavy duty stator cover that can be bought from  <<<<<<< Click this link.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121784257 -->

OK, I just ordered some Vortex sliders. Now, where does the bolt go. From reading other posts, it seems like they replace a bolt in the engine mount. Is that correct?

Yes, just do the right one, some have done the wrong ones it's hard to do but it can be done.

One side is longer than the other too, there are many other post on this just read them and it will be very easy to do.

Just be advised they probably won't save your plastics from getting damaged, but they will keep your engine parts(stator & clutch covers) from damage.  Just depends how you go down and at what speed.
Went down goin 'round a corner on cold tires at 35 this past May...rear just slid out and landed on my Carbon Fiber LP sliders. Stator cover ground right through and pissed out a lotta my oil...rear cowl got nicley scratched, left top of front nose got slightly scraped, left mirror scraped, left fairing scratched and slider totally ground down and destroyed. They call 'em frame sliders cuz usually, about the only thing they protect, is the frame. In my case, they didn't protect much more than my throttlemeisters and clutch lever...and maybe prevented the fairing from breaking..instead of scraping...good thing I was able to find new parts cheap on E-bay!

Back