Twisties are getting more fun!

cool.gif

This year, I feel much more confident on my bike for some odd reason and I have to admit I am starting to like the curves in the road when they arise. (Here in CO, it can be quite often.)

I bought the Busa with no intention of ever being a twisties person; I just wanted the straight speed. As I am getting to be a more experienced motorcyclist, I have to admit, I love leaning my baby into the curves... I can get just as big a rush in the curves as I can get at 160. I can see myself owning one of these 1k bikes before long...

cloud
+1
+1

how much un-used rubber do u have on your tires, ya know the chicken bars!!! haha
They should be called "wisdom" strips, since this would show others that you know when NOT to push it too far.

I'm just an idiot though
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 (NOTE: This was done at the track, NOT on the street)
Here are my Wisdom (or lack thereof) strips on the stock 636 tires. I'm almost into idiot territory. Maybe I'm already there considering this is all street ridin' with only 128 miles on the bike. I think they're scrubbed in and ready to REALLY ride on now.
wink.gif

Left...

IMG_0087.jpg

Right...

IMG_0086.jpg
I hate to break it to you but that is not even remotely close to being scrubbed in.  Though I used to think that meant something as well.  Just cause you lean dont mean shite.
Furthermore ive seen noobs that even wear a 600SSs tires to the end, the very end.

This is scrubbed in:

post-6-33663-front_tire.jpg

post-6-33682-rear_tire.jpg

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122099153 -->

laugh.gif

About the "super" bikes. Not everyone weighs 150 pounds stands 5' 6", and has size 6 shoes. I've sat on a couple and they seem like they were designed for kids.

Setting it up for your weight makes it handle so much better.. mine is set like this and im about 180lbs

front
Preload - 3 lines showing

Compression - 2 clicks out

Rebound - 2 clicks out

rear
Preload - still stock,

Compression - 5 clicks out

Rebound - 7 clicks out

I hate to break it to you but that is not even remotely close to being scrubbed in. Though I used to think that meant something as well. Just cause you lean dont mean shite.
Furthermore ive seen noobs that even wear a 600SSs tires to the end, the very end.

This is scrubbed in:

post-6-33663-front_tire.jpg

post-6-33682-rear_tire.jpg
I guess we have a difference of opinion over what "scrubbed in" means. To me, scrubbed in simply means getting the mold release off the face of the tire. Granted it's not all gone yet, but it's closer than a lot of folks ever get on the street. What you posted is not a "scrubbed in" tire, but a "broken in" tire to me... I hope it was done on a track as well. If you're pushing that hard on the street (if it's even your tires) it shouldn't be long before we read about your crash.
wink.gif

Edit: I just noticed the link and checked it. I see that's NOT your tires. Let's see pics of yours...
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122127065 -->

I checked mine the other day, I've got between 1/16th and 1/8th inch on ea side. (rear only!)

BT, I took a 900 mile ride with BV a couple of weeks ago.

His rear tire should look about like mine, cause he stayed at my 5:00 the whole way.

He has no problem leanin'.

I checked mine the other day, I've got between 1/16th and 1/8th inch on ea side. (rear only!)

His rear tire should look about like mine, cause he stayed at my 5:00 the whole way.

Oh, I'm not questioning his abilities. I just wanted to see his tires instead of someone else's track tires.
wink.gif

I have a small hill right next to my office... some very good twisties... I go there couple of times a week. its fun!! lots of fun
biggrin.gif

Ok, since this thread is up and running again.....

I LOVE the TWISTIES!!!!

Hey, guess where I'm heading this morning?
tounge.gif

I checked mine the other day, I've got between 1/16th and 1/8th inch on ea side.  (rear only!)

Oh, I'm not questioning his abilities. I just wanted to see his tires instead of someone else's track tires.
wink.gif
I cannot do that to my tires, I was just pointing out what the facts are, scrubbed means scrubbed.

Granted , Justintime2 's track tires are at the extreme end of it.

OK BT , maybe that was me being abit of an ass...I guess scrubbed is subjective.

I consider it to be when the tire gets to the point of getting a roughish texture.

And BT, I have a Busa not a track star bike like your 636, I have an excuse...you do not.
smile.gif

Seriously, one negative to me getting a liter bike is I wont have anymore excuses when I fall behind
my buddies on Gixxers, R1s and a few other SS bikes.

The Busa makes a fine handicapped bike...I can fall behind and everyone says...oh man I cannot believe you even
stayed that close.
tounge.gif

It's a great all-around bike. Great in the straight-line, the twisties. And did you know it's a awesome goat-trail bike!

560-800-busa.jpg

Leans over nice too. :o

busa-scrapes-700.jpg

I was castigated during training day yesterday for coming too close to draggin' knee on the range. The instructor was right, though. Apparently, I was so close to the ground, it was just a mere moment, he said, before I washed out.

His opinion, though. I did tone it down a great deal. But I was only going 20 to 25 mph and took my chicken strips down to about an eighth or quarter inch on the left side. Didn't do any right hand turns. By the time I was done drilling on the left side, I was too frickin' tired to do any on the right. And my left leg is sore now.

Scary thing is, as close to the ground as I allegedly was, it didn't seem like I was that low. I was on the verge of pushing it juuuuuuuust a little more and who knows? I would have likely wondered what the hell happened just after I scraped myself off the ground.

--Wag--

Back