New Track Bike

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
I went and picked up my track bike today.
cool.gif

1998 Suzuki GSXR-600

The bike is setup fairly well. Has a Penske rear shock, and reworked forks. The paint is new, but really sucks. I think it was painted with a spray can...
wow.gif
Dry spots and runs are abundant. I found out how bad the paint really is when I wen to wash it, but I'll save that pic for last.
wink.gif

Overall it was a good deal. The bike runs good so far, it came with some extra race plastics, a FULL set of front/rear sprockets for dam near any gear ratio, an extra set of rims with rain tires mounted/balanced, and some spare parts for when I crash.

Enough gabbing...On with the pics
laugh.gif

Loaded up...

GSXR_600_002_copy.jpg

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>WARNING:</span> The following pictures contain some nudity and wet action
wow.gif

She needed a bath...BAD
laugh.gif

GSXR_600_007_copy.jpg

Oh yeah...he also threw in two Pit Bull stands plus a generic rear spool stand
beerchug.gif

Now for the paint quality
wow.gif

As I was washing the tail section and went to rinse it, the paint started peeling off. So...I said F### IT, and turned the nozzle on jet. This was what it looked like when I got done.
mad.gif

Plastic prep, and paint additives are VERY important people. Spray cans don't have this stuff.
laugh.gif

GSXR_600_009_copy.jpg

Okay...that's it for now.
wink.gif

At least the wife hated the paint quality also, so I can now start planning out the upcoming paint job. I do believe it will be something resembling a red metallic.
cool.gif

Cool! Looks like a fun project. It's a shame you don't live closer so I could help with the paint.
wink.gif

neato.. lots of good stuff there in extras

I'd say you could ebay the stuff ya don't need and pay for the paint with all that stuff..

great !

Cool! Looks like a fun project. It's a shame you don't live closer so I could help with the paint.
wink.gif
Don't think I hadn't already thought about it
wink.gif

Honestly, if I were going to spend any length of time on the paint, I would need new plastics. Some of the mounting holes are worn out and a few places are cracked. I might just get some fiberglass mat and resin, then make up some new mounting areas.

Maybe I'll just go for the "Work in Progress" look. Leave all the battle scars exposed.
laugh.gif

wink.gif

What did you get the whole set-up for? PM me if you want to keep it private or tell me to F off and you paid nunyo for it, nunyo damn business.
laugh.gif

What did you get the whole set-up for? PM me if you want to keep it private or tell me to F off and you paid nunyo for it, nunyo damn business.
laugh.gif
Not that private
laugh.gif

The whole thing for about $2000. Not too bad considering all the extras. Hell, the bike runs pretty good too.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Nice, congrats on the new toy. Oh by the way how dare you post nudes on our rated G Board
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Back