THE ANSWER

Okay -
Now that I have read some of these posts more thouroughly/carefully, here is what I think. The Busa came out in 99. They have made a coouple of component improvements, but for the most part, the Busa has remained unchanged since its introduction. Having said that, there probably aren't as many pure information posts as there were earlier on. Sure the occasional noob comes in and askes why he can't run 6 TREs in series for a 900hp gain, but we expect that because of how camoflaged the search function is. Even the lurkers can go through older posts and learn stuff, so a much higher percentage of the posts are simple rants, raves and rambling about what ever comes to mind (hense the random thoughts forum). I have been on the site now from 2003 (lurking under luvmybusa) until I came in full fledged last year. What I have noticed in the last few months is a sharp increase in agitation and irritating posts, trolls bouncing in and out and people running virtually unchecked. Several of the people who make regular posts have complained about the decline of the on-line environment recently. The Capt turned the reigns over to Cache, Thrasher left for a brief hiatus, even N.E. was walking.
I say all of this to show that we have had some real jerks come in here and muddy the waters and get us all mad at each other. They have been successful. When a person comes in with a "Busas Blow Big Hairy Moose Root" screen name, why are they here? I don't care about what a person rides, as long as they ride. I have all but stopped posting on our local riders board because it has become little more than a combination of "Matchmaker.com" and "As the Rotor Turns". If you don't ride a busa, but can appriciate our passion as busa owners, wlecome aboard! If you want to come in here and talk about how busas suck, why not do that on your own make/model/brand board and let like minded people enjoy your comments. Save us the trouble of having to start screening posts and screen names for topics of value. That's why I suggested a probabtionary membership. If your a troll, you wouldn't be asked to leave, you would simply disappear.

Oh well, just my .02

I say leave it the way it is and just start banning people that start crap. Not for what they ride or if they do or dont own a busa.
If yall do the voting thing who will decide who stays or go. The owner, mods, donating members, post count, how long a member been a member here.
If yall do a VIP section. What will constitute as a VIP member?
What constitutes a donating member. Someone that donated to the site or does it include people the purchased merchendise from the hayabusa. org store to?
Im not sure if im right or wrong but a troll is someone that start crap and some members new or old could consider this thread as such a thing.
Just my 2 cents

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121940100 -->

I'm all for getting rid of pricks from anywhere. I hope that if you don't own a Busa at the present time, automatically make you someone that needs to go. I love this board and all the good info you guys give. I figure I will be all that more informed when I can get me a Busa.
I think it's less about ownership and more about attitude.
+1
Good to know. I was hoping that was it.

Do we really want to become "exclusive" to the point that others think we are snotty eliteists that don't tolerate new guys and gals?  
Yes to being an elitist no to just because they are new.
We own the fastes production motorcycle of all time.  I'd say we are elite.  But then again I'm just a FNG around here.
Oh come on, we ain't anymore elite than anyone else.  Yeah, we bought fast bikes, big deal.  Guys buy Harleys and think THEY are elite.  Guys buy Vipers and think THEY are elite.

Guys bag supermodels and think... wait a minute....  
biggrin.gif
I knew it would be taken the wrong way.  I was making reference to the motorcycle itself and the fact that it is the top dog in the industry.  
Because we own a Busa which is Elite-Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class
Of course, I'm probably wrong on this also.  

It still boils down to the people.
Hey Si-lo - sorry if I sounded harsh - I was just tryin' to be funny...

Maybe I failed....

I say leave it the way it is and just start banning people that start crap. Not for what they ride or if they do or dont own a busa.
If yall do the voting thing who will decide who stays or go. The owner, mods, donating members, post count, how long a member been a member here.
If yall do a VIP section. What will constitute as a VIP member?
What constitutes a donating member. Someone that donated to the site or does it include people the purchased merchendise from the hayabusa. org store to?
Im not sure if im right or wrong but a troll is someone that start crap and some members new or old could consider this thread as such a thing.
Just my 2 cents
+2    I like this board the way it is.  50% of the reason I bought a busa is because of what I learned on this board.  Boot the people who start conflicts.

P.S. Anyone around the Charleston, S.C. area like to ride?

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121950986 -->

Anyone think it's kinda funny for "THE ORIGINAL SITE BASTID" to start a thread about getting rid of people that suck?  
rock.gif

Just playin Rubbah...

tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|IScream
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121950882 -->

Yeah... a VIP section on the board would make sense (If im a member of it, i.e
tounge.gif
)

How about if some of the moderators get busy on the "members list".....as in erasing all the members that have been registered for more than 90 days but have made ZERO posts. They need to be given this priviledge.
It took me about 20 minutes to "sort" my way through the pages of worthless member IDs just to find a particular name....very aggrivating...perhaps a better way to navigate that list is needed...choosing by alphabet would be nice.
Contribution / participation should be a fundamental requirement.
There are HUNDREDS of people with no input and then there are those...(man I was saving this for something truely appropriate, but this will do instead)...

6thsensestupidpeople.jpg

How about if some of the moderators get busy on the "members list".....as in erasing all the members that have been registered for more than 90 days but have made ZERO posts.  They need to be given this priviledge.
It took me about 20 minutes to "sort" my way through the pages of worthless member IDs just to find a particular name....very aggrivating...perhaps a better way to navigate that list is needed...choosing by alphabet would be nice.  
Contribution / participation should be a fundamental requirement.
There are HUNDREDS of people with no input and then there are those...(man I was saving this for something truely appropriate, but this will do instead)...

6thsensestupidpeople.jpg
I havent been a member on here for a long time by any means, nor do i have a lot of posts, but i am on here every day at least once reading about what everyone else has to say. I learn tips on riding, maintenance and just get to know some of the people on here. Just because someone doesnt post often, doesnt mean they dont deserve to be a member. If that were the case, you would have people making meaningless posts just to stay a member.

How about we just let the cache, and the mods handle it... When a Troll pops up and starts their troll antics... They just delete their account. It should be easy to distinguish the obvious trolls and bump their @$$ right of the site. They do (mods.. cache) a great job of keeping everything moving and releativly clean. Seems to me most everyone is an adult on this board... sometimes there are disagreements but they have a tendency to resolve themselves... I don't want to see any of the original members leave but I wouldn't want to bar new members (like me).
just my 2 cents...

How about we just let the cache, and the mods handle it... When a Troll pops up and starts their troll antics... They just delete their account.  It should be easy to distinguish the obvious trolls and bump their @$$ right of the site.  They do (mods.. cache)  a great job of keeping everything moving and releativly clean.  Seems to me most everyone is an adult on this board... sometimes there are disagreements but they have a tendency to resolve themselves... I don't want to see any of the original members leave but I wouldn't want to bar new members (like me).
just my 2 cents...
that about sums it up

How about we just let the cache, and the mods handle it... When a Troll pops up and starts their troll antics... They just delete their account.  It should be easy to distinguish the obvious trolls and bump their @$$ right of the site.  They do (mods.. cache)  a great job of keeping everything moving and releativly clean.  Seems to me most everyone is an adult on this board... sometimes there are disagreements but they have a tendency to resolve themselves... I don't want to see any of the original members leave but I wouldn't want to bar new members (like me).
just my 2 cents...
that about sums it up
Problem is they can't keep up, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. We all have to band together to rid the site of squids.

Rubb I am behind you all the way!!!!!!!! Just tell me when to start and who to start with. Read my sig below!!!!!!!!

loboboy, I can erradicate infestation like nobody's business..........

but I too have learned from experience, and run this site with more caution.
perfect example.... we've had a couple new squiddy busa owners thrashin and stuntin right away, got flamed, learned some stuff from board members, and are now posting good questions and responses.

just as there are members that don't post in a looooooong time,..... there are those that only come here once a week and jump when they see someone new posting information.
It is a matter of getting used to one another, and understanding the meaning of their words. It is too easy to try and emotionalize a persons statement, as there is no body language or facial expressions to read. CHILLAX and enjoy the board!

beerchug.gif

loboboy, I can erradicate infestation like nobody's business..........

but I too have learned from experience, and run this site with more caution.
perfect example.... we've had a couple new squiddy busa owners thrashin and stuntin right away, got flamed, learned some stuff from board members, and are now posting good questions and responses.

just as there are members that don't post in a looooooong time,..... there are those that only come here once a week and jump when they see someone new posting information.
It is a matter of getting used to one another, and understanding the meaning of their words. It is too easy to try and emotionalize a persons statement, as there is no body language or facial expressions to read. CHILLAX and enjoy the board!

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back