first post

hayabrusa

Registered
Hey all, wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Bruce and I am located in Ontario Canada, I am going to try to include a pic of my o1 busa. One thing I am interested in finding out is if any one has made a trip to Nova Scotia and if you have any good recommendations for roads to take. I am planning on coming back through Main and doing some travelling through the states. Anyway this seems to be a great site and look forward to any recommendations.

later
bruce

Picture_019.jpg

welcome to the madness........

"you can check out anytime you like but can never leave...." but hey why would ya.

sry I can not help ya with the trip routes but there are lots of peeps here I'm sure someone can...

I am a couple hours north west of Toronto, my lot is a nice size for in town, 180 by 70. Picture is a year old have done some changes since then. My last bike was a cbr600, really enjoyed it but it is nothing compared to the busa, hoping to put on 5 to 6 thousand km in the start of Sept. If anyone has some kick ass roads they could recommend I am all ears.

Again great web site.
later
bruce

Eh! Hi there fellow canadian
smile.gif

If you wanna travel in Nova Scotia, you gotta do the cabot trail on the Cape Breton island. Never been there myself yet but apparently its an amazing road... See here

I second the Cabot Trail...Hope it doesn't rain on you like it did on me in '78 (on a GS550) when I went up there from Massachusetts. To go to Maine you take the land route through New Brunswick/Bay of Fundy etc (I think) or the ferry across to Bar Harbor.
The Cabot TRail is great roads and cliffs down to the sea...reminds me of an eastern version of the Pacific Coast Highway where I live now in California.
Damn New England/Canada...every motorcycle camping trip I took it seeme like it had to rain...great scenery anyhow.
In theory you see the lanscape's colors better in the rain....
That's what I told myself anyway...

have a good trip...

Tony

I went to Nova Scotia from NC back around 1980 on my GS1000. Once I got north of NYC, probably around CT, I got on US1 and took that all the way to Bar Harbor. Nice road as I recall. I took the ferry to Yarmouth and intended to ride the Cabot Trail, but I only got as far as Dartmouth/Halifax before I ran out of time. I can't recall the roads I was on in New England, but all the secondary roads were gorgeous, and fun!

blues.gif

yeah what Tony said, the maritimes in general are a beautiful place to tour .. if you have lots of time, take the ferry and cruise around Newfie while you are out there ...

Back